Spring Rides

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Alaskahack, Apr 3, 2013.

1. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you know how to spell and didn't refer to Jack as being an "ass-toot." :lol3
  2. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I am heading south tomorrow morning and very good possibility I am going to ride that lake road. I don't want to misspell it again. Then decide what I will do after that. Got the code cleared from my bike and testing the thread sealant on the oil pan bolt before its to late to repair before D2D. If it throws codes before leaving town, will be on the KLR.
  3. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey I just saw Dom.... I think. He was headed to Kenai on the Spur road. Then I'm pretty sure I saw him headed mack towards Cooper Landing about an hour and half ago. I guess he didn't want to venture to Homer... too bad
  4. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    i may do the same thing, I might even throw some stuff on my bike so if I want / need to camp out, I can. I think Sunday is gonna be wet by the looks of things, so might as well be riding home instead of into it. I'd like to try that Skilak lake loop road also.don't remember if I've ever done that before.
  5. Alaskahack

Alaskahack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update Aufevermike, that had to be him. I checked his spot he went Homer and then to Seward and it looks like he's pretty close to Girdwood now. He said he was having some mechanical problems. And was supposed to check in with the Ural dealer after he made the trip to Homer. Only time will tell:huh

Bob
  6. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    think ill leave the house at 7:30 and stop at the Shell Station at the end of fairview loop. then head South to homer...or Kenai/Soldotna...somewhere around there.
  7. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    think ill leave the house at 7:30 and stop at the Shell Station at the end of fairview loop. then head South to homer...or Kenai/Soldotna...somewhere around there.
  8. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a beautiful liquid sunshine kinda day here at cooper landing.
  9. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like sleeping in and a late breakfast is gonna pay off. Damp roads but looks like the rain clouds have moved along.
  10. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Just started my day. Heading south. Prolly to Hope , and back to town.

Hit me up if your down there.
    Four 4 4- five five two 4

Edit....
    Heading to Sutton instead
  11. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    Ok, took Skilak lake road and now i'm really stuck in the mud. Anybody around? I'm towards the South end, i can hear the highway traffic!! Damnit! 907-982-6133 is your nearby...need an extra push....or something....
  12. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    Got out with the help of a Toyota...and met Drunk_Uncle!!
  13. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    We enjoyed an outstanding ride up north to Talkeetna. :clap It was so warm we sat outside to eat lunch and could take our jackets off and just wear shirts. And - it was warm enough we could roll our shirt sleeves up and get some Vitamin D on our bare arms.

I rode with a group of people with a variety of bikes (no KLRs) and there were no bike issues, like mechanical or electrical problems. I think my #2 DR "plays well with others." Even AlcanRider likes him, although he calls my bike the wrong name. :ddog

I also met Drunk Uncle today. He stopped by to say hello before he headed south. I've gone on long, fun, sunny rides the past three weekends. Spring may finally be here! I may have to put my skis up for the season.
  14. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Up toward sutton , about about another 15 miles up,

Was a great day to ride, not cold, and not toooo hot
  15. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a great day. Met the Hay Duchess, Agents J&K, and Steve907. I may be bad luck on the other hand. Agent J got a flat while riding with him. Steve got stuck riding I would say about 40 minutes ahead of us, and I had a great day. Steve you sent me the pic, so up it goes!!!

[​IMG]
  16. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Wow !!!! Looks fun tho!
    Get knobby
  17. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well my day didn't go as planned. Was awesome to ride with my wife and drunk uncle though. We had some nice new Alaskans stop and load my f8 and haul it to Harley in Soldotna. They were the best. They were happy to loan me some tire spoons and let me use their tire machine. So if down on the peninsula and need anything stop in and ask for Shawn he will make sure your taken care of. Was a good learning experience prepare for everything. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh by the way skilak lake loop road is wet and muddy.
  18. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    Yea, I just took the knobby's off cause I was doing a lot of street riding lately. Oh, we'll, knobby's wouldn't have helped here....that stuff was just like the silt they warn ya about in the inlet....just sucks you in and there's no bottom!!!!!

J&k, I'm glad ya got out of there too! I think I was right in front of you according to Drunk_uncle... Sorry I missed ya.. You must have been off on a side road???
  19. Steve907AK

Steve907AK Obsessed

Oddometer:
    I don't care who ya are, that's a big ass f%#*^ng bike....a bit too big for me for this kinda stuff, I'm guessin'.
  20. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We were sitting at the rest area by the bridge waiting for drunk uncle when you went by. Kept picking up your tire tracks on skilak rd. You didn't lose a nail did you? If you did I found it.lol