STACYC 16eDRIVE & 12eDRIVE

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by N8, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Tiellswheels

Tiellswheels Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought this was interesting.

A child's toy that can't get wet? To each his own but we rode/ride our bikes everywhere in the rain or not.

"CAN THE STACYC™ BE RIDDEN IN WET CONDITIONS?
    Our bikes were designed to be ridden in DRY, safe conditions in all aspects. DO NOT let your child ride any model STACYC™ in rain, snow, sleet or hail. . . any sort of wet riding activity voids any and all warranties.

https://stacyc.com/pages/support
  3. ctromley

ctromley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's just too stupid for words. Even if it's a toy, it's an outdoor toy. One that will get wet even when the sun is shining. Build it so it can live out in the wind. It's not that hard.

And HD bought these guys?
    chainslap likes this.
  4. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well if it's any consolation I spoke with a dealer that sells them and they state the bikes are very robust and kids ride them off road and in the dirt mud etc. It must be a way for the parent company to cover their ass in pretty much any case of fault, accident or negligence.
  5. ctromley

ctromley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So basically a way to avoid standing behind your product without saying so. Would you buy a dirt bike that required major, expensive repair if you dropped it in a creek?
  6. cameron110

cameron110 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked up a 12" yesterday for my 2 1/2 year old daughter, I was going to wait until summer but I want the OG not the orange one that will "be available in select Harley dealerships in Q3 2019" and who knows how much HD will raise the retail price. I shopped around a bit and to me this thing is a great mid point. Razor makes some chinesium junk available at walmart for half the price and for those of you worried about the water rating you can spend twice the money for an Oset. In my experience if you drop a dirt bike in a creek and you are an idiot (ie try fire it up with water in the intake) it does require major and expensive repair. If this thing gets left out in the rain or get super wet I bet just like every thing else that is cordless and battery powered if you let it dry out before you run it all will be well.
  7. Cyclerc

Cyclerc n00b

Oddometer:
    Semi custom graphics available for Stacyc bikes igmotocross.com

Attached Files:

8. Monkeyshines

Monkeyshines Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Lenny676

Lenny676 n00b

Oddometer:
    I received the throttle assembly and installed it today. When I got the bike back together and plug in the battery the throttle is stuck wide open. Is there a learning mode that I need to do? Also I noticed an unused plug in the down tube. Any help is very much appreciated. I have an eager almost 3 year old that wants to ride.

I sent this to Stacyc today and was wondering if anyone here knows the answer?
  10. Gonzo760

Gonzo760 n00b

Oddometer:
    Where you able to mount the Milwaukee battery?
  11. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Got the mount in, but didn't mess with it yet.
  12. Gonzo760

Gonzo760 n00b

Oddometer:
    Got ya, I know that the stock battery has a positive and a negative wires and two other wires going to it. Would anyone know exactly wat those two wires do? I’m guessing one of them is temperature
  13. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    FNG here... I got a 12 for my 3 year old last night, have the Milwaukee mount ordered, thanks to this thread and all your input. Thanks!
    Here is the link for everyone else:
    http://madebymitchell.com/bm/
    I get it home, put together and charged and all I get is a blinking green light, it won't go? I can't find anything talking about blinking green anywhere, any chance any of you have ran into that? I am working with dealer/Stacyc, but my experience is that places like here are usually the real place to find it.
    Also, I find many thread all over talking about new batteries but no answer on what to do with the green and blue wires, is there anything I have missed?
    Thanks in advance
  14. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    FYI. I have a 12E that brand new, had an issue of red light blinking when you first turned it on, then if you turned it off and back on it blinked green but no go. Turns out it was a bad battery.
    Green blinking light is battery fault.
  15. jules083

jules083 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got my 12 home.

Any easy fitup for dewalt batteries? Other than a bunch of homemade stuff?

I already have 7 dewalt batteries of various amp hour rating, hate to get a different brand when I can just use what I got.
  16. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    I wanted to update that I had figured out how to wire up the Stacyc with Milwaukee batteries. All I had to do what wire up the + and - wire and leave the green and blue ones not hooked up. I tested the voltages and resistance on the bleu and green wires before during and after riding and I never noticed any change so I decided to leave them not hooked up and see what happened. Nothing went wrong we ran through a few batteries so I called it good. I rigged up a mount that someone on here referenced for the battery, the made by mithcell guy. It turned out pretty good, and I am satisfied that it will work long term, so now I am working on a better cleaner way to mount it. We are cooking up some 3D printed stuff that ought to be pretty cool. This battery is one of the new high output 3.0 with the larger cells. I can tighten this up and fit a 5.0, but as it is I can fit a XC4.0. I bought a separate set of side panels and wired in a plug so I can go back to stock pretty easily if I wan't or need. Danger Ride.jpg
  17. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    For those who might want to try this, what I did was cut the stock plastic with a hacksaw blade. I cut it around the screws that the plastic mounts with. I then mounted the battery mount to the plastic side panes. If my 3D printed deal does not work as well as I envision I will make this mount attach to the frame and cut the plastic flush to the frame, which will allow a bigger battery. In theory it will be stronger, but I am not sure it needs to be. danger bike side panels.jpg
  18. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this valuable info, it gives me incentive to tackle this overdue project :)
  19. jules083

jules083 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are 4 pins on my dewalt battery, and I assume the same for your milwaukee? What did you do with the other 2 wires?
  20. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    OK, thanks to KGBG's post I finally got this thing installed. Everything went pretty smooth with a couple of small gotchas as expected.

IMG_20190807_175351.jpg

1. you need pretty thin T10 screwdriver to remove side panels.
    2. To remove side panels you need to take off the floorboard first. Take out two screws from the bottom and it slides off forward.
    3. Since I was installing larger XC5 Milwaukee battery, I had to trim the side panels flush with the frame. Pretty easy to do with the hacksaw, use the pieces that grab the frame as guides.
    4. To secure the battery mount I drilled two holes in the frame and installed 1/4" riv nuts. The holes in the mount had to be lightly enlarged to accept 1/4" screws.
    5. The placement of the mount has to be very precise. Mount it too forward and the battery will hit the tire, too much backward and the floorboard will not fit
    6. I routed the wire through the hole for floorboard without realizing it. This led me to filing an opening for the wire so the floor board can slide on. Also had to file a notch in the floor board itself. No big deal.
    7. The 3D printed mount cracked as I was making sure it's snug. Still works but in the future be very careful, it's pretty weak.
    8. Chain had a lot of slack. It also had tight spots so be careful when adjusting it.
    9. Two middle wires were left unused. I just taped them.

Overall I'm very happy with how it turned out. I briefly considered buying bigger Stacyc battery until I looked at the price tag. Ouch. Now I can run Milwaukee that I already have. Little one can ride around until total exhaustion :)

Attached Files:

wheresbaoskee and MJSfoto1956 like this.