STACYC 16eDRIVE & 12eDRIVE

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by N8, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Two more pics

Attached Files:

2. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    Well done man! That looks awesome. I am going to eventually mount mine like you did. FYI the screws on my side panel are small phillips.
  3. kgbg

kgbg n00b

Oddometer:
    I was looking at your pics, I think your front forks are on backwards. I am not sure it matters.
  4. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Gussets go forward. Forks are on backward. If they care or not is another matter.
  5. smdub

smdub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It affects trail (which affects stability) so they should be installed the correct way.
  6. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Good eye guys. This is how the bike came. No wonder it's a bit twitchy at higher speeds.

Got to test new battery over two days of camping and wow. Little one can't kill it. Has been riding around a lot and still one light left.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  7. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    So I turned the fork around and all of the sudden there is a lot more battery clearance. Handling will most definitely benefit because the bike will be more stable.
    chainslap likes this.
  8. AKP7

AKP7 n00b

Oddometer:
    I began the conversion to a dewalt battery and while testing, the bike ran for a second. Now all I am getting is a flashing red light with beeping. The manual says that is because of heat and to reset which I tried. I let it sit over night and it is still doing the same thing. I checked fuse and it looks fine. Anybody ran into this issue? If so, how do I fix it? I even went back to original battery and have the same problem.
  9. Ron_Luning

Ron_Luning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe contact Stacyc...don't mention the DeWalt thing!
    AKP7 likes this.
  10. AKP7

AKP7 n00b

Oddometer:
    After a little more research, I've determined that the motor and/or ESC burned up. There are some people that have gone through 3 motors this year. I remember the bike acting weird at my son's last race a couple weekends back which I thought was the battery. I called STACYC and they didn't know what was going on so I just ordered a new motor. I'm not going to put the panels on for his next race so the motor can get more air.
  11. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Tell us more about races. I signed up my little guy for Moto Beach Classic next Saturday but don't know what to expect.
  12. AKP7

AKP7 n00b

Oddometer:
    We just race locally with the organization that puts on our offroad/cross country style races. It is called T.O.R.N. Racing. They have a 10 minute STACYC race and a 1 lap strider race for the kids. Here's one of my son's races from earlier this year.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  13. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    That is so great that they have a class for Stacyc. I wish we had something similar locally.
  14. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had fuse popping issues. My little girl keeps popping fuses and we can't seem to figure out why.
  15. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    The Harley dealer here had a Stacyc demo today and my little buddy had a great time. He’s had a PW50 for about a year now but never asks to ride it really. I think the Stacyc is better in our situation. No carb to keep clean is a major bonus. The 16 was a lot faster than I was expecting, even in training mode, I was jogging along next to my son so he didn’t wipe out on the asphalt.

227A19D4-C729-45A8-848A-6854119B93C0.jpeg
  16. Ron_Luning

Ron_Luning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It I way better than the much heavier traditional alternatives. Personally, seeing orange with bar and shield logos on there is utterly repulsive.
  17. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
  18. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    However you wanna feel but it was a really cool event they put on. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. I wouldn’t have been able to have my son try one out without their having put together the demo.