Stars and Bars

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Bogser John, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Bogser John

Bogser John Goofy Sumbitch...

Oddometer:
    Well folks, I had a hell of a day today....I finally met the infamous Fish, who kindly rode up my way for a day of blasting around the back roads of Marin along with Dave and Tina, 2 transplanted chowdah-heads and BMW fanatics.....

Tina had just picked up her new 1150R today (2001 and black, the last one left in the USA, and imported all the way from Bumfck, North Carolina) and we all met up at the Cheese Factory in West Marin for a little chat session, then on to Marshall via the goat trail aka Marshall-Petaluma Road. If you are ever up this way, DO NOT MISS THIS ROAD! Its windy, bumpy, deserted and has some awesome views...

We stopped at my favorite little dive diner on Tomales Bay for some refreshments, where I tried to turn Fish into a cannibal by ordering a dozen BBQ oysters.....

After thoughtfully comparing the eating of oysters to eating snot-balls (big goooey snot-balls), Fish did manage to scarf one SMALL oyster down....unfortunately, the camera was locked in his side case, and no record was made for posterity...:puke

Great fun was had by all, and the day was awesome....new friends, good laughs and fun riding....:smile6

BUT!!!!!

That was not the end of my day by any means......I had been told that there was an amateur astronomy gathering on the top of Mt. Tam tonight, so I rode up there after dinner to take a look through the telescopes, PAST a half closed gate that said "DO NOT ENTER, PARK CLOSED", figuring that it was left partly open to let people in....WRONG!!!!

All of sudden, I get the full-on blue & red light show, and I hear "GET OFF THE MOTORCYCLE NOW!!!!" being hollered at me through a loudspeaker.....YIKES! Suddenly, I am Mohammed Bin Bogser John Laden!!

It was my luck to get stopped by the ranger from hell, :mad: who had a chip on his shoulder the size of my GS...I dont know, I guess he hasnt killed any bears lately or some fking thing...anyway, he gives me a 20 minute lecture, and all I get is a warning....

It was a memorable end to a terrific day....almost getting arrested for felony stargazing....HUH?? Only in Marin...

Cheers!
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    gpfan likes this.
  3. Bogser John

Bogser John Goofy Sumbitch...

Oddometer:
    For anyone interested in a free astronomy gathering to look through a bunch of telescopes, it is NEXT Saturday night on the top of Mt. Tamalpais..... :doh
    gpfan likes this.