1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Staubwolke

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Siricco, Jul 9, 2016.

1. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just mounted mine yesterday to replace a Rox Riser set up. So much stiffer!

I'm eagerly awaiting your rear luggage setup. Been looking for a less-is-more replacement for the huge Hepco&Becker/Caribou Case setup from the PO.
    Siricco likes this.
  2. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    absolutely amazing design and presentation to these.

[​IMG]

thanks for getting them out so quickly.

i may have missed it somewhere but how does the company logo relate to the name ?
    Siricco likes this.
  3. dpike

Oddometer:
    not very glamorous but so far i really like them.

[​IMG]
  4. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks awesome ;). Is that a GoPro remote?
  5. dpike

Oddometer:
    yeah.

[​IMG]

i'm glad it still fits there. the mount was imported on the slow boat for about $4, but it works great.
    Siricco likes this.
  6. crist0bal

crist0bal Adventurer

Oddometer:

THIS! I don't have a rear rack on my 2013 f800gs. I use a reckless 80 system and this looks like a really elegant solution to help with spacing of the bags and provide a bit more storage. What it the mounting looking like for these?
  7. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mounting the tail rack is done via the 4 OEM screw post in the tail section of the rear frame.
    IMG_1232 2.jpg
    IMG_1251 2.JPG

Mounting the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 is easily done by using the slots in the tail rack to attach Mosko's 3 rear straps.
    IMG_12751.JPG

But if you go somewhere with less luggage you can of course attach any kind of soft luggage with some straps too...
    IMG_1296.jpg
  8. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Independence Day Sales, 30% off all items, limited supplies. Only on July 4th, and only at www.staubwolke.com.
  9. slowpoke

slowpoke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered. Can't wait. I don't think I'll get them before MOA rally. =(
    Siricco likes this.
  10. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your oder. The crashbar leaves tomorrow, and FedEx thinks it will take 4 days. You should get notifications along the way. Hope it arrives just in time :-). Enjoy...
  11. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is probably the furthest away our crashbar traveled ;). Mongolia.

P7281034.jpg

Picture courtesy of Heather Lea and Dave Sears from www.ridingfullcircle.com.
  12. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Columbus Day is in a few days, and it might inspire you to go out yourself and explore the world, or see what's around the next bend on the road.

For the explorer in you, we'll have our Explorer Weekend Sale. 25% off any item with coupon code EXPLORER at www.staubwolke.com.
  13. worthydog

worthydog Shosholoza Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just ordered your rear rack. What are the straps in the above picture for? what is the rack made of? Aluminum? It sure is pretty. Is it wide enough to strap a 50 liter roll top duffle (24 inches long) on, perpendicular to the bike?

Also, I wish your website had some basic information on the crash bars: weight, dimensions, etc

How are things coming on the crash bar bags?
  14. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for ordering, Worthydog. The rack will go out tomorrow. There are straps wrapping around the frame (I presume you meant those). They will give you additional tie down points. Maybe the following pictures will give you some idea of how they can be used and how luggage can be mounted.

IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG IMG_1301.JPG

The pictured GL bag is a 80l roll-top (both sides) duffel, and I frequently have the smaller GL duffel on top of that. And sometimes even a spare tire :D. No kitchen sink though, I promise ;D. The rack is powder coated Al.

As to the crashbar info, some are on the website under "Detailed Information". The dimensions give are for the as-shipped box, 20lbs. Somewhere in an earlier post is a picture of how wide the crashbar is. It is almost exactly as wide as the handlebar, but narrower than typical hard cases. Hope this helped.
  15. worthydog

Oddometer:
    That's great. Thank you. What is the weight of the crashbars installed (not with the box)? Also, will these fit a 2016 F700gs without modification?

When will we be able to buy the crash bar buckets? The ability to lock them is a great feature! Also, a custom liner bag (waterproof zipper?) to drop into these buckets would be awesome.
  16. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd say all crashbar parts weigh about 19lbs. The 2016 F700GS need some plastic tweaking on the side panels. The crashbar buckets are still on hold until we see the 2018 lineup from BMW. If they discontinue the old twin engine, then there is no business case to support creating production tooling. If we can fit the crashbar on the new F850 GS we might have a reason ;D.
    worthydog likes this.
  17. worthydog

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  18. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does this also apply to the rackless soft pannier mounts you guys were working on?
  19. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid so...
  20. Siricco

Siricco Been here awhile

Oddometer: