Steering Stabilizer and Cushioned Bar Mounts

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by DustBuster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. El Hefe

El Hefe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But does you mount fit the 790?
  2. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    and my Mac software says site certificate expired -dont access this site :-)
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  3. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Sorry, no idea. We haven't designed any new parts or fit any new bikes in a few years. On my 701 ended up just drilling and tapping the upper tripleclamp. Was just sharing a tip to strengthen other stabilizer mounts.

IMG_20200331_165502.jpg
  4. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Yah, just let the SSL certificate expire because haven't been selling anything, but the product pictures might be helpful if you're willing to risk it, haha.
  5. El Hefe

El Hefe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got one of your mounts from my old bike. Good product. I was hoping it would swap over to the 790. If not I can stick it on try TE250I
    jesusgatos likes this.
  6. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they're certificate expired. (I think it did last summer by the looks of it). But this is only an issue where online purchasing is concerned. Looking at the site is not a threat. But because it is no longer httpS your private or financial security could be at risk. Look, don't buy until they fix it? Probably a good idea.
  7. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    already ordered trimpleclmap moto set up, its on the way--so Im all good. Just wanted to take a look at what he was mentioning
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
  9. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Exactly, and you'll note that every product is marked 'out of stock'.
  10. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:

I did note that. Will your online retail be back in business once your certificate is renewed. I like your double bolt design. Have a Q - what is the minimum rise a 790 rider can have with your setup? I don't want to raise my bars much.

Thanks
  11. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, probably not any time soon. Had to redirect all our time and money to this. Have not fit 7/890's so can't say, but just finished making a new setup for my 701 that only raised the bars ~ 9/16". Turning the steering nut down is the key to getting the bars lower.

PXL_20210213_203634677.jpg

PXL_20210213_202304743.jpg
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  12. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Tripleclampmoto As an early adopter, I already bought the complete V1 kit from you, so can I just buy the wider V2 mount plate from you?
    kubcat likes this.
  13. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Forgot to add, another option worth considering is adding a throttle-tube to the left side of the bars. This kit from Boyesen is less than $100 and made a more noticeable difference than the PHDS clamps have run on a lot of bikes.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.41.12 PM.png
  14. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    There's also these handlebar clamps from Precision Racing (no personal experience).

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.49.12 PM.png
  15. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived today.

PXL_20210224_222138253-01.jpeg
    braaap! and David_Moen like this.
  16. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    Not a cushioned mount but has anyone tried the one in the powerparts catalog?
    Part number 63512905150
  17. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

I almost went that route but since I needed a damper as well I went with a non KTM kit. I really like the minimalist approach they used and see no reason it would not work fine. From strength standpoint it's not really any different than running 20mmm ricer blocks, plus the stabilizer bolted across them probably adds some small measure of rigidity to the assembly as well.

Some of the KTM PP parts are actually pretty great and have a ton of markup to allow for discounting and still make a nice profit for dealers. It baffles me why most dealers don't have a shelf full of PP parts on a wall right next to the shiny new KTMs they're selling.
  18. mootsmadness

mootsmadness Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lots of interesting option for cushioned bar mounts out there, looking for some thoughts on which system absorbs the best. I'm not as young as I used to be and am having issues with my right hand and arm due to the knock on effects of many years of rock climbing, mountain biking, and crotch rockets. So, in an effort to extend my years of riding I am looking to add additional shock absorption at the handlebars. Amongst the options in this string, and adding the FASST bars in the mix which absorbs the most, and that I can use my Scotts stabilizer with?

TX
  19. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    More leverage, longer bolts, and less surface area under perches is a bad combo. Those are just about the worst of all options, they'll fail first time you tip-over, bend bolts and/or deform risers/perches.
  20. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You sound mighty certain of that. Any personal experience with them or are you just a fan of excess weight?

The Yamaha T7 and Triumph 800 both have hugely tall unsupported handlebar clamps and don't fail the first time the bike hits the ground, in fact they don't have a reputation for failing at all. These are much shorter over all (just a 20mm rise it looks like) and the stabilizer itself needs very little meat to stay in place as the only forces on it are the ones it generates internally through the arm.

I'm not saying there are not stronger solutions, but I'd be very surprised if these were not up to the job.
    comradecasey likes this.