Steering Stabilizer and Cushioned Bar Mounts

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by DustBuster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought mine from Locomoto Scotts Performance - Link Arm Stepped +8 (locomoto.co.za) but it would probably be cheaper for you to go directly to Scotts.
  2. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the TCM mount and Scotts coming. For those that installed this setup or any that raises the bars like 20mm how was your harness on each side ? enough slack still? The left ( clutch side harness) is zip tied awful tight where it goes into steering head area. Did you cut any zip ties for more slack. I already dont like the harness flex on these bikes so just curious of what you fellas found or did regarding harness after raising bars a bit. thx
  3. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Everything fit fine with mine (same setup) though I also run different bars with less sweep. I'm certain there is plenty of slack. You may want to cut the zipties when you install and redo them or convert to soft ties just to make sure you don't pinch a wire.
  4. markgrolex

Oddometer:
    TCM top mount and Scotts on the way along with Trig PHDS risers -UPS is due here today :-) A few questions. I really dont like that harness tie wraps -Ill use some soft ties. But why in the world do they tie the wires coming out of key? I see folks having immobilizer issues with wires breaking and tying them to the harness that turns with bars seems like you are just asking for them to break. Next question what is the dot on the upper bar clamp? I tried it a few ways and it really can orient either way ? I know the bottom halfs are directional. And, anyone have grease on their bar bolts ? does KTM grease them or wonder if my dealer did ? strange. Ill be using Xtrig perches so all of that is no issue just curious-- Ill post Scotts and TCM Xtrig set up later tempImageaSUyqr.jpg tempImagecMhjrf.jpg tempImageiJAC2K.jpg tempImageaoWnv0.jpg tempImageVugWxH.jpg
    David_Moen likes this.
  5. Rossifumi

Rossifumi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2020 890 - not sure how the others were setup from the factory but both mine and another buddy with a 2020 both had a pinched clutch cable at full right lock under the top triple clamp with the riser installed. The only way to fix this correctly involves cutting two zip ties under the tank, which needs to get removed to reach the zip up towards the front, and pulling the cable through to get more slack. He had the dealer do his, and I just moved the perch over about 5-10 mil to help.
  6. Hornblower

Hornblower Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just installed the TCM kit today. The hardest part, for me, was removing the stock damper. Otherwise, the install was easy and very straightforward. Like you, I wondered if this would put more strain on cables, especially the clutch cable, but it doesn't seem to have made matters worse at all. I'm super-pleased with how this all went.
    keener likes this.
  7. windblown101

Oddometer:
    I don't grease bolt threads. Guess they were thinking it would help stop them from seizing.

The dot is a directional indicator though the machining is good enough I doubt it matters. Out of habit I put the part#s etched into the parts on the same side (the cap has one as well). I snug one bolt lightly, then torque the other.
  8. markgrolex

Oddometer:
    tempImagesMJAJf.jpg tempImageKXGcDC.jpg tempImageGH2f0g.jpg tempImageDSmjtB.jpg tempImagenTXVVI.jpg tempImagew0dzmL.jpg tempImagesi8n8H.jpg tempImagehWyzrz.jpg tempImagehzKcnx.jpg TCM bracket, Scotts damper and Xtrig bar clamps. Easy install and impressed with quality and fit of all.
    ADV67, kzeb, Hallboss and 6 others like this.
  9. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. markgrolex

Oddometer:
    Yes all from them, they offer some package prices- and great service too
    1coolbanana likes this.
  11. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I have their early Scotts kit but would to upgrade to this one.
    Tripleclampmoto likes this.
  12. Safariaddict

Safariaddict Safari 2010 FINISHED

Oddometer:
    Yes they do have good package pricing but it’s no good if the steering dampener is on back order from Scott’s.
  13. Tripleclampmoto

Tripleclampmoto www.tripleclampmoto.com Supporter

Oddometer:
    yep damper supply from Scotts has been slow due to their production line being effected by covid. That's just out of our control.

It is getting better as move forward but we also getting more orders as we hit spring in the northern hemisphere. To their credit, we are getting a steady weekly supply of as many dampers as they can send us. If you order a kit with a damper today, your order will be on a waiting list for about 2 to 3 weeks but that number changes as we move forward and we do update our customers regularly to set their expectations.

We have our own kits in stock (damper mount, HeadStraight etc). Our damper mount kits for 790/890 and 1xx0 bikes come with a damper arm, good for those who have a damper.
    Hallboss and windblown101 like this.
  14. windblown101

Oddometer:
    @Tripleclampmoto

Hey folks, happy owner of your Version one clamp for the 790 here. I really like the changes you've made but I use the KTM PP GPS mount on the handlebar clamps rather than mount one out on the headlight assembly. I've come to really like where I have it. Sadly that mount won't work with your newer wider clamps. If you happen to get the urge to make a GPS mount that is compatible that would be cool! Though admittedly I don't know if it would sell well. I seem to be one of the few that does not want a heavy GPS unit hanging off the headlight assembly.

20210312_094114.jpg
  15. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
  16. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not the weight, it's the location that matters to most. Looking down at your handlebars just sucks on technical/fast tracks.

Edit: maybe that's why you crash so much??

;)
  17. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    I too have your version one mount. Can you describe what benefits you see if I were to upgrade to the newest version of the mount? Is there any plan for upgrade pricing?
  18. windblown101

Oddometer:
    LOL.

I find when I am deep into technical terrain I have little need to bother looking at the GPS while at pace and since I don't race the 790 needing to make split second turn decisions at race pace is not a factor. I just stop and study it if the terrain is such I can't spare a quick glance down. I'm more interested in keeping the GPS tucked low out of harms way, and off the headlight assembly.

But that's just me. If I damage the GPS or headlight assembly in remote terrain I have bigger issues than my tendency to taste test the flavor of the dirt in whatever part of the country I happen to be in.
  19. Tripleclampmoto

Oddometer:
    We have been selling the version 2.0 (wider) damper mount as upgrade to those who asked.

Since there is interest, we will have an upgrade kit on the site in the next couple of days.

@kubcat @alongat
  20. Tripleclampmoto

Oddometer:
    We are working on something cool that will also address your need. Stay tuned.
    windblown101 and TrailTrauma like this.