Still Wandering in Indiana

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by radianrider, Jul 30, 2017.

1. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    Got together with jdfog, JB2 and Bhuff yesterday for a ride through a part of Indiana that I haven't been through--on bike or car. jdfog showed at my place at 8:00 a.m. in 49-degree weather having left home 45 minutes earlier.

We had planned to head north to meet up at JB2's place and Jay and I were to head home on Sunday. The weather forecast for Sunday promised rain, so a change in plans occurred.

We headed for the thriving metropolis of Green Forks, Indiana to meet up with JB2 and Bhuff at the Green Forks Family Diner for breakfast. We took I-70 through Indy as it was going to be an hour-and-a-half even going on the interstate.

If you've been following along with this thread you'll know that interstate riding is not my favorite thing to do on a bike, but it was okay. We did run into an issue in downtown as the interchange between I-70 and I-65 was closed. Fortunately, Jay had his gps running and he got us through town and back on to I-70.

I did tell him that I hoped this was not going to be my favorite part of the day. Spoiler alert--it wasn't.

JB2 had headed south in 41-degree weather. We arrived a bit late, and spotted a Yammie and an Indian parked alongside the road in downtown.

Breakfast was good (and the coffee was good and hot) and the company was good.

We headed out to the bikes after breakfast and good conversation. This was the first time for jdfog to meet up with JB2 and Bhuff.
    [​IMG]

We left town and rode past Bhuff's place--no pictures as he is trying to reduce the opportunities for y'all to stalk him. :lol3 Actually, we had just started riding and nobody wanted to stop for pictures. Pretty much the theme for the day. Winter is coming--ride while you can!

We headed south past Brookville Lake and toward Metamora. Turned out that there was some kind of festival taking place in Metamora and the traffic was nuts. So, we took a break.
    [​IMG]

From R to L, Jim's Yamaha, Jay's WeeStrom, my Triumph and Brian's Scout.

The Scout is the newest addition, so it deserves a closer look.
    [​IMG]

Jim's still has red mud in odd places (see https://advrider.com/f/threads/misadventures-of-a-hoosierbilly-motorcycle-tramp.925117/) and we spent time on breaks pointing out yet more mud spots.

We eventually got past Metamora and headed south to Oldenburg. Pretty sure the sign above the guys was in reference to something else.
    [​IMG]

Brian and Jim headed back north about 3:30 and Jay and I headed back west. My seat was better on this trip, but by the time we hit Edinburgh I was ready to get off the bike. We needed to keep rolling so Jay could get back to Greencastle before hormone-addled deer headed out for a night of romance.

My wife had ordered C.J's pizza (my favorite local pizza joint) and life was good.

Had a great time laughing and riding with the guys, my $20 leather-jacket purchase turned out to be the perfect gear for the day and it ended with pizza. That'll do.
    popscycle, jdfog2, JB2 and 2 others like this.
  2. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Great ride to all. The rain held off mostly overnight. It rained for about 15 minutes as I was typing out a report but stopped before I finished. However, it is raining cats and dogs out right now. I think I'll pull the Yamaha outside and let nature do some of the detail work. Gonna be tough to remove that SD/WY mud... like trying to get all the hay out of a barn.
    jdfog2 likes this.
  3. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does it mean you aren't grown up if you look out the window at work and day dream about riding with friends ? A. lot. ???

Asking for a friend. :D
    Shep, 72 Yamaha RD350 and JB2 like this.
  4. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    No, it just means that, like Cody Jinks says, "All my friends are the same kind of crazy as me."
    jdfog2 likes this.
  5. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    Amen.
    jdfog2 and JB2 like this.