Still Wandering in Indiana

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by radianrider, Jul 30, 2017.

1. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    I'm aiming for Thursday or Friday of next week. We have a very short fall break. Looks chilly but doable.
  2. radianrider

Oddometer:
    Jdfog and I had a great ride down to the Solsberry/Bloomfield area yesterday. We were supposed to meet up at 40 and 231 at 11. I had a few things to do before I left and, as with all plans, those took longer than anticipated. Late again, sigh.

A bit brisk at the start and I was grateful to have warm gear for the day. Got a couple of hundred miles in by the time I got back. Great roads and beautiful skies for most of it.

Was supposed be home for 4:00 for other plans and made it with 2:00 minutes to spare.

Put the new/larger tank on the KLX this afternoon and can now anticipate a bit longer between fillups.

Found a used Ricochet skid plate and a Moose Expedition rack for $10 each (cost more for shipping) and I'm expecting those in this week sometime.

Not quite ready to call it a season yet.
  3. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And a good time was had! Did some "flower sniffin' " and tiptoed to the Tulip (Trestle)
    I think highway 43 may be better than 234 because there's a lot more of it that's hilly/curvy and its connected to a lot of other curvy roads.

See the arrow behind Radianrider? We saw a lot of those on our ride.
    Beautiful day even if t'was a bit windy on our way back.

20211016_135650.jpg

20211016_130104.jpg
    72 Yamaha RD350 and old_airhead like this.
  4. jdfog2

jdfog2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And here's a pic looking the other direction from that church from a few days earlier...
    I'm tellin ya fellas, it's curvier than an Eyetalian super model ! 20211012_125759.jpg
    And here's a map of 43
    20211018_225542.jpg
    radianrider, 72 Yamaha RD350 and JB2 like this.
  5. radianrider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Facebook Marketplace can be a way to save some money! I picked a Moose Expedition tail rack and a Ricochet skid plate for $10 each. They arrived today, so I put the rack on after I got back from a short ride.

I'm not sure the rack had ever been mounted to bike. Not a mark on it.
    IMG_20211021_170502.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. I've been reading about not overloading it with weight or risk the subframe.

Got a short ride in today, but stayed local. I knew I had the rack coming, so I took the soft rack off. Didn't stay out long. It was really pretty for most of the morning, but started getting pretty overcast and blustery about the time I took off.
    IMG_20211021_124438.jpg

The skid plate will go on in few days. Looks like it was used for a very short time. It really covers a lot more of the engine cases.

The bike looks about the same in spite of the larger tank.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

JB2 likes this.
  6. 72 Yamaha RD350

72 Yamaha RD350 Followed the Wrong God Home Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Hoosier Boys: There is a FB Group called Pictorial Indiana where people post pictures from around the state. I’m learning about places and things I had no idea existed. If you aren’t aware, check it out.

Enjoy your Fall weather. It has turned cool in the Northland. I’ve already started dreaming in my sleep of riding in warm places. Gear gets washed and put away this weekend.
    jdfog2 and radianrider like this.