Stolen Pig Rally McCarr Ky April 25th, 26th, 27th, & 28th 2019 "4th Annual"

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by KMc WV, Nov 15, 2018.

1. mr_10brook

mr_10brook Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just asking. I cannot go this year.
  2. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    You don't have a tw200 do you?
    Cochese likes this.
  3. shakeyjake18

shakeyjake18 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any bets on how many hot dogs Zach will eat this year? Less than 2 weeks away, time to start prepping for the grease onslaught
  4. btabor

btabor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still have my ticket for sale. I paid $98. I will consider any offers at this point.
  5. Ritalin Boy

Ritalin Boy Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this one; will be my first.

The host was kind enough to share some route files which I am in the process of converting into good .GPX files. If he's cool with it I'll share them here otherwise come and get em on site. I will make sure it's as easy as possible to get them, i.e. more than "I'll be at this table from 8:58 to 9:00 when it's stands up at 9. ;)

You can always find me (and a rum drink) at my camper which is a 17' egg. Look for the flagpole and if you know your flags it's Whiskey over November under the Starts and Stripes.

PS Bring your own cables...
    proeasy likes this.
  6. FDSR_MIKE

FDSR_MIKE Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wouldnt posting the routes negate about half the cost and reason the other 70+ of us have paid to register?
  7. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good Idea to share upon arrival if sorted by big bike and small bike friendly would be perfect
  8. Ritalin Boy

Oddometer:
    It could be taken that way which is why I would never post without permission. I get my value from the event, i.e. the food, the site and the folks that attend. Routes are an add and a much appreciated one.

Because I also host events I gotta ask would you feel you got ripped off of the routes were public? Are the routes the only reason you registered?
  9. FDSR_MIKE

FDSR_MIKE Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me personally, I attend pay-to-play for the ride/routes. Even if the routes are public roads, the convenience of not having to guess if a public road has a gate in the middle of it or been taken over by a landowner is well worth the price of admission. Im from 3 hours north of this event and alot of roads are public, until you start down them and find out real world is different then any google or county map. Eliminating the trial-and-error of a dual sport loop and having the convenience of already plotted routes maps is where I consider my value.

However, we could be talking about two separate things with the same words lol. When you say "routes", for this event in particular, I'm thinking about the non-paved side of things. As with where I'm at and from what I've gathered on the various pages of this rally, alot of the roads/routes will be a mix of single lane blacktop, unpaved and unmaintained county roads, most of which can probably be found on a road atlas or similar. And I'm thinking about this from the dual-sport/ more off-road side of things (which again can spur more questions, where does one draw the line between dual sport and ADV? If even such a line exists).

Again, this is just me personally regarding this particular rally as a 1st timer for this particular rally. I cant say I speak for the other registrants as they may not have an issue with it. Myself, I've reserved 2 cabins in a nearby town to alleviate the parking issues and the fact that I'll be attending another event the same week this rally ends and didnt wanna live out of a hammock for 7 days should inclement weather arise. In reality I'll only be at this rally for 2 days due to scheduling conflicts with work. So I took a week of vacation so I can dump miles on my bike, uninterrupted. And, Im not much of a social person, so the bonfire, site, and folks that attend are secondary to me.

I would think if the routes are meant to be available to the public, they'd be available on the website and their FB pages. Not to mention I would assume there would be few folks paying the regstration fees if the routes are already public and available.

Alot of assuming here, I know. Thats just how I'm seeing things, not saying I'm right or you're wrong, by any means.

I've had a similar conversation with Don before about the rally in general. Some things we did not agree on but I still registered for the event for the fact that I was sold on quality riding in the area, his historical routes, prior rally hosting experience, and if that wasn't enough to keep me entertained the 3 day trail pass for the HM system would surely be enough to wear down the knobs. Now, I could puchase my own yearly pass for 25 bucks, but free food goes along way lol. The last bit of icing on my cake is this appears to be only event in the area that caters to folks outside of the side-by-side segment, which is another conversation on its own as well lol.

My end goal for the few days me and my friends will attending are to ride as much as possible, on as little asphalt as possible, and get ruined on as much bacon and hotdogs as possible. Then retreat to my cabin for a hot shower and my own rum drink (although I am a bourbon man).
    Ritalin Boy likes this.
  10. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some rallies post the tracks a week before the start.........but sharing at the rally would be nice to.
    FDSR_MIKE likes this.
  11. btabor

btabor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sold to blrfjr.
    Thanks
    blrfjr and FDSR_MIKE like this.
  12. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    blrfjr text me the other day to see if I was interested in this ride. Now registered, and this is my first chance of riding in that part of the state.
  13. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here piggy piggy piggy.

Putting good tires on this weekend, will be loaded up Tuesday.

Going to bring a stand tire tools and some things for public use.
    AFHans and blrfjr like this.
  14. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    Not going to be able to make it to the event due to medical reasons. I have a paid spot and would like to offer it to someone else at a discount. Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Thanks.
  15. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    Sold to Barry Oyler! Have fun bud, wish I was going.
    mr_10brook likes this.
  16. ride2little

ride2little Riding Like the Wind

Oddometer:
    Same as intenalcombust.

Last minute medical issues preventing me from attending and i’ve already paid-up.
    Let me know if anyone is interested and I’d appreciate the help in unloading my slot.

This is my favorite gathering /ride of the year. Bummed I cant go.
  17. Ritalin Boy

Oddometer:
    I'm a late scratch as well. Thankfully not for a medical reason; this one is work related.

Today I hate property inspectors. Guy took a 37 page report and bloated it up to 71 by repetition. Scared off the buyers over things like GFI outlets.

Got a RV spot if anyone wants it.
  18. mr_10brook

mr_10brook Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have fun George!

Make sure you go up into the Hatfield- McCoy trails. PS; The video of me from Southern Discovery was too big to email, but he did post it on Facebook
    blrfjr likes this.
  19. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    So if you're not using that Beta....

Get well man, I would gladly make another run up there later this year.
    ride2little likes this.
  20. Cochese

Cochese Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much are you looking to get out of it