Stoves

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ibgary, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I believe I saw titanium ones on aliexpress. I haven't seen the square fuel blocks up here. Just round one and they look smaller.

2. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Done. Took a few trips to the hardware store to acquire a large stainless steel washer, E clip, cable, and many swagges.

I started with a Primus classic trail stove. Then I added an old aluminum pot as the hanging frame. A center hole drilled to match the diameter of the stove's stem. There is a handy notch in the steam that took a E-clip.
    20200103_101942.jpg
    Drilled a few holes so that you could light the stove through. Then fished cables to hang. The cables are set up as 2 loops that are carabinered together. This is how Tommy Caldwell had his set up on the Dawn Wall. Getting the pot level was the most difficult part of the project. I made the cable on the shorter side for limited space hanging. You can enchain more biners to get more length if needed.
    20200103_101936.jpg
    That one side hole was my first attempt at a flame access hole. Here is my my brother testing the unit in is apartment. I made this unit to fit his GSI soloist cooking pot. I was concerned about the fold down handle interfering, but it looks like it was made for it.
    IMG_7422.jpg
    600050084.jpg
    small_e_900, -E- and Steviebear like this.