Strange ticking noise riding along

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by mpgscott, Aug 2, 2020 at 6:56 AM.

1. mpgscott

mpgscott n00b

Oddometer:
    First post but been a GS owner for a few years, moved to an RT last year but back to an early twin cam 2010 now.

I have just had the final drive rebuilt on my Twin Cam 2010 Gs and was out for the second ride on the bike. Was hearing a strange whine mainly around 65mph and more coming off the throttle.

So did around 90miles bike runs lovely the gear changes are really nice no issues no slipping clutch nothing.

When stripped down for getting the final drive rebuilt the drive shaft unions are all nice and tight so anyone any experience ideas of the issue if there is one or is it just because no load?

I might be thinking about it too much and i always think i can hear something so was out a run this morning and put the go-pro down by the gearbox and have uploaded a couple of videos which would be greatly appreciated if you would take the time to take a listen and see if anything sounds out of the ordinary. [ would appreciate if anyone can take a look. This is a shorter one at 30mph coming back to house. [

Like i mentioned the bike runs really nice, the gear selections are also very nice would appreciate any thoughts...
  2. saitman

saitman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joint?
  3. mpgscott

mpgscott n00b

Oddometer:
    Checked the joints when the shaft was out as i had the swing arm off, all looked good and tight..