Striking Viking bumming the world (On the road again)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by strikingviking, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl ignore list Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hiya Glen, been cleaning up my house preparing for my first born to arrive and getting rid of things. Lots of books, ran across "Two wheels through terror" and couldn't bear to put it in the give away pile. I've read it 3-4 times, plan for a few more. It's awesome to hear you're almost 5 years C-free! Can't wait to hear more tales from the road you choose to ride on. Happy New Year!!
  2. selkins

selkins Gotta light?

Oddometer:
    Count me as one among what I suspect are thousands of people that have been inspired to action by your adventures and spirit. Yeah, riding and getting out of the comfort zone for one; but even more so being open and accepting to learning new things, meeting and engaging with people who are "different," and maintaining a sense of wonder and joy at what life and the world have to offer.

Thank you, Glen.
  3. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude!:lol3
  4. strikingviking

strikingviking Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words amigos. Here is what I posted on my Facebook page for New Years:

Our best collective New Years resolution should be to eliminate negativity in our lives. Let’s start with less political rants, and instead share more positive ideas. If politics is your thing then tell us what you are for instead of what you are against. Posting extremist viewpoints assuming that your friends support you may have half of them nodding in agreement while the other half shake their heads in dismay and maybe even are offended.

Too many politicians are elected because of their fiery rhetoric not to negotiate with the opposition. Yet doesn’t this contradict what makes a democracy strong? Compromise makes a government function for all of the people. Let’s send a message to our leaders by punishing negativity at the ballot box.

Imagine a nation marching in lockstep with a collective positive attitude of working together for the common good of humankind. And please remember that you can never go wrong saying something nice.
    scarysharkface likes this.
  5. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Because of the ever-growing over-commercialization of Christmas, I usually spend the holidays outside the US. But this year my friends Daniel, Joey and Ingo from Germany made Christmas two dinners the way they should be. Lucky for us, Joey is a creative cook with a penchant for decorations as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I first met Daniel online six months ago after writing to him to congratulate him on his award-winning documentary about riding around the world. After only viewing the trailer, I knew he was onto something great that will promote our common passion beyond what we’ve all seen before.

Daniel says better with his video and words more than all of the adventure-moto books so far, including mine. His work better encapsulates everything I tried to get across in my postings here on advrider. After seeing the complete documentary in Mazatlan, my first thought was that not only every motorcyclist but also everyone in the world should see it to better understand each other.

For those who have experienced international moto-travel, you will be mesmerized as you relive your travels through this documentary. And for those still in the dream stage, this will fan the flames and likely compel moving forward your departure date.

I could not recommend this documentary strong enough.
  6. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Finally took delivery on my new 1200GS

[​IMG]

Thanks to the crew at BMW of Escondido

[​IMG]

Spike putting it all together

[​IMG]

And the immediate reaction from women everywhere...

[​IMG]
  7. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    sweet! :D
  8. no

no dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:

That's good to hear.

A belated thank you for all the writing you have done about your epic adventures. I really enjoyed it all.
  9. Haywood

Haywood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chula Vista,CA (spittin' distance from Baja)
    Hmm, nice to have that effect on the ladies! :clap
  10. BirddogVet

BirddogVet Anticipating... on the road again.

Oddometer:
    +1 on the Two Wheels.
    Borders Bookstore was going out of business and at the discount prices, books were flying off the shelves. I had gone through the poker and natural science sections and went wandering through the store. Your book caught my eye. Then I had to read One More Day Everywhere, then where to find a used bike; the rest is history and history yet to be made.
  11. De Oppresso Liber

De Oppresso Liber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. AndersV2

AndersV2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glen,
    I own a BMW and I've never had that reaction from women. Do I need to buy a Harley?

P.S. I've read both of your books and enjoyed them tremendously. Please wright more!
  13. Sertguy

Sertguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And the immediate reaction from women everywhere...

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I too own a newer GSA and I often get the same reaction however, it is more commonly from middle aged men driving a mini van.

S
  14. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    Disney's Kid Awards ?!? :huh

:clap:clap
  15. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies amigos. Engaging again on the plan of no plan to break in my new wife, I rolled east into Arizona to visit my bro Al Jesse. It was quite the honor to have the master himself install a new set of luggage.

[​IMG]

Alas my wifey doesn't look so naked.

[​IMG]

So we opted for a test ride to Sedona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two spectacular sites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    Braap Braaaaap!!
  17. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Both you and Al passed within just 5 mins of my house when on your way to Sedona---If I'd only known, looks as though I've missed my chance at meeting a living legend.

However now that you know the way you should come back in mid-may for Overland Expo, & bring books, you'll sell a bunch, plus it would give me another chance.

Come see us in May, we have a hell'of good time
  18. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    For the last few years I have considered attending this event but I thought it was more about four-wheelers. Please tell me more about it.
  19. strikingviking

Oddometer:
    I receive a lot of emails asking what I'm up to these daze...so here is a video of Martial Arts, Motorcycles and Zen according to Vikings. (do not watch if you are offended by a scantily clad girl.)
  20. MikeyT

MikeyT Krusty Olde Pharte

Oddometer:
    Good point, Glen!
    SkizzMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.