Strongest GPS phone with powerful outdoor features

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by yarkhor, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. yarkhor

yarkhor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    • Doogee S80 boasts extremely broad frequency of 400—480MHz, super high receiver sensitivity of -120dBm and long communication distance of 5-10km. The digital intercom rugged phone S80 is always useful no matter in the forest, snowberg, desert or grassland.
    • Both private call and group call are supported to the S80 walkie-talkie.
    • Not only is the S80 resistant to 99% dust, but also holds ultra-wide temperature range from -30℃ to 60℃.
    • S80 houses a 10080mAh big Polymer battery produced by BAK, the No.1 battery brand known for the high battery density.

• Powerful Sony Back camera for photography.

What you say about the Phone which can survive 150m underwater?

Source: Dooge Official
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:

it's not going to survive 150m, or 150 feet underwater.

check the ip ratings , it should be ip67 or ip68. the ip ratings are standards available online.

see this thread for some good info

https://advrider.com/f/threads/ultra-rugged-kyocera-phones-gps-smartphones-my-guide.1206076/page-109
  3. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First of all welcome to the forum - I appreciate you registering just to share with us about the dodgy ... sorry, dooge phone.

About the phone - if their product is as sophisticated as their online forums presence, I'm not impressed :-))
  4. robxxx

robxxx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IP68 Rating, should be good enough for on bike use.

I can't speak for the OP, but I put my money into a Blackview BV9000 Pro. Go google it. It cost me a fraction of an iPhone or top end Samsung, and has a shed load more memory/features than a MotoG. For me in the UK, there was'nt a lot of choice as far as I could see. Sim free iPhone 8/x are a shitload of money and i'm not an ios fan. Samsung? Pretty much the same money. And a crap Android skin thrown in as a bonus. Budget option was MotoG, possibly half the cost but well under spec.
    So now I have a phone that has Igo next gen with a full set of Europe maps, Osmand and Waze and Google maps on/offline as needed, and did I mention that I still have around 100GB of memory still free. And IP68, and tested that in Europe this year. And to cap it all, it feels like I could hammer nails in or beat a mugger to death with it. What more could you want.
    Fact is, companies like Blackview, Doogee, AGM etc are producing some very well priced and well constructed products.
    petertakov and ohgood like this.
  5. Bowber

Bowber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BV6000 here, got two and they've both been great running a variety of navigation software, been rained on, dropped etc and the battery lasts all day +

Steve
  6. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Well shoot, does the Blackview run a stock Android or do they do like Samsung and load it with a bunch of shit as well as that overlay touchwiz shit?
  7. petertakov

Oddometer:
    Absolutely! BV9k Pro costs about the same as Moto G6 and has comparable performance PLUS rugged body. In fact, these phones are much more rugged than they need o be for navigation on a motorcycle. I am considering a Moto E4 Plus because it has an enormous battery an my experience with USB charging on a motorcycle is that it less than consistently reliable. The E4 should be able to handle a whole day on battery alone. Plus, at that price it's practically disposable. When I need IP68 I can put it in a nylon bag or, for even higher rating - in a condom :-))
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Ulefone Armor 3.
  9. robxxx

robxxx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its a pretty clean version as far as I am concerned. Wife has had a couple of Samsung phones, always hated their spin on 'droid. I stuck with a couple of versions of the MotoG. Always a good value phone and they kept the OS clean, just not rugged enough for the bike.

Your right about the build on the BV9000, you could beat someone to death with it!! But that ruggedness is the appeal of it. My last MotoG lasted about a year before the USB socket became very temperamental.
    This was my first year using a phone as a navigator. We did a lot of riding during our two weeks in September, and the Blackview was just spot on. I have enough memory to have a selection of navigation app's, so never going to get lost. Mainly used Igo Next Gen, but had Waze and Google maps, online and downloaded offline maps. I bought one of those cheap X-Grip mounts with a USB port, never had any problems charging it on the bike. Only time I disconnected the USB cable was in HEAVY rain, otherwise it was always hooked up so I had a fully charged phone at the end of the day in the bar. And the screen was always visable in whatever the conditions.
    I might still buy another MotoG as an everyday phone, It would weigh a lot less in my back pocket. But for the bike, i'll stick to the Blackview now.
    Oh, and great minds must think alike, because I had considered condoms as well.:hmmmmm
    petertakov likes this.
  10. petertakov

Oddometer:
    @robxxx I think the reason you never had a problem with the USB port on the BV is the X-Grip with the USB incorporated. There is no reason to believe that the internal wiring and connectors on the BV's USB port are any stronger or even different than those on any other phone. The mini/micro USB ports are just not handling vibration well.
  11. airhead_irl

airhead_irl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cork, Ireland (Irlande, Eire, Irland, Hibernia)
    This is a very timely thread folks ! Recently, I have been looking the options as regards using a smartphone and the usual GPS apps. Earlier this year, I met some dudes that were using Ultimate Addons cases and reckoned that they perform fine. They only seem to cater for Samsung and iPhones though. Now, I want to keep my Motorola G4 as my everyday phone so I am currently thinking that one of these cases to use with an older Samsung Galaxy S4 will do the trick. Any thoughts on that setup ? The power port and lead sit inside the case so that should shield them from vibration/damage.

https://ultimateaddons.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s4-tough-waterproof-case-with-options
  12. wilsongj

wilsongj Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I currently have a DOOGEE phone, it is really good! It replaced my Blackview only because I dropped it right on the connector when it was being charged, doh, The Blackview is also a good phone and both have all the bells and whistles, the DOOGEE has really long battey life, listening to streaming music all night uses about 50% battery. Hope this helps. Update, Bloody bloody! dropped the DOOGEE this morning and shattered the screen, have used wife's clear nail varnish to try and keep the screen together, it is still working though, only dropped about a foot onto the road, straight onto a stone screen first.
    MAXVERT likes this.