Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just YES....I love it!
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  2. mitchxout

mitchxout Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now people are questioning my t-shirts! Yesterday I was wearing a Del Rio, Tenn biker bar shirt and someone asked if I had been there or just bought the shirt? Well, when I told him, of course I was there he didn't believe me. Lol. He kept giving me the 3rd degree and I wanted to tell him to f*** off but I just rolled with it until i could escape.
    Macho Man2 and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  3. mach1mustang351

mach1mustang351 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I worked for a Harley dealer and tourists would come in and buy shirts all the time. One lady said "this is for my brother, he collects shirts from everywhere he's been." I ask which in her group is her brother. She tells me, he didn't come on the trip. I said "oh, so he gets a shirt from everywhere YOU'VE been." She didn't find the humor
  4. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
    Her brother would have been terribly disappointed by a shirt if he collects shorts.
  5. ADW

ADW 'tard bike restos

Oddometer:
    No, you can wear a shirt as shorts, as long as you don't mind your dick and balls hanging out of the neck hole...
  6. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital

This post is just fine without photos.
  7. DR Donk

DR Donk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed!
  8. mach1mustang351

mach1mustang351 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    haha. Good spot... Fixed!!
  9. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short guy

Oddometer:
    But it is ok if i just want to look in the mirror? Asking for a friend
  10. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    Photos can make all the difference.

As an example just take this graphic from the anime that I've been watching from a streaming service currently; Grand Blue (Dreaming) (where the anime title is from the name of a Scuba Diving rental shop).. Several of the longer time male employees have a very loose regard for the wearing of clothing, leading to the show's protagonist Iori Kitahara and a friend/rival named Kōhei Imamura being likewise disposed frequently.
    NOTE- that's Iori Kitahara leading, and blonde-haired Kōhei Imamura at the back of the pack.

[​IMG]
  11. jredford

jredford Ninja Racer

Oddometer:
    Isn’t that Cute.
  12. Scubawerx

Scubawerx Scubawerx

Oddometer:
    Recently rode my GS up to our local Ace Hardware, here in Gainesville. An older gentleman driving a late 90s Silverado parked SUPER close to me. But, no worries I thought, he elderly and surely is doing his best.
    While I was getting ready to leave and donning my helmet, he proceeded to get between me and my bike and preach how dangerous bikes are, how his brother was killed on a bike in the 60s and how at a near intersection he saw an accident, all due to someone riding a bike. I patiently listened, only out of respect for someone older. Then he wouldn't get away from my bike...
    So I asked if that was his Silverado. He said "YES" and told me the entire history about his ownership. I told him to be careful driving a truck, you could get killed. Then I went into detail how my father died in 2006 while driving his Silverado when an abruptly stopping garbage truck resulted in his head going thru the steering wheel (no airbags in the 90s.)
    I got on my GS and said, "Have a nice day."
  13. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Put on your best straight face, tell him about the "turbo encabulator" recall on his truck, and how all the Silverado's at your workplace had it done [ after someone was killed when it failed ]. So worth seeing the old fella going into a dealership and demanding it be fixed....

Show him the video.
  14. ryder1

ryder1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my raingear from Holiday Inn. It was freeking cold for June in West by God Virginia. The manager didn't understand why I wanted a full size trash bag and scissors at first.
    Toto, Nttra, ThruTheDunes and 6 others like this.
  15. Macho Man2

Macho Man2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My buddies and I just got back from a 21 day 8000 mile trip from TN to the PNW and we had a lot of conversations with people along the way asking about our travels. On four of the conversations seeing our TN tags, the question was asked did you ride your motorcycle's all the way from Tennessee??? my buddy Roger replied Well we sure didn't push them!!!
  16. Tool.Nerd

Tool.Nerd An idiot that owns a bike

Oddometer:
    This is one of my favorite (and sometimes the funniest) comment received. People are amazed that someone would ride 50 miles, much less across the nation, as if motorcycles were some sort of torture rack powered by pain instead of internal combustion.

Ironically, I've seen the same out of a much shorter distance mountain biking. Hikers on trails will sometimes exclaim, "You rode that thing all the way from the trailhead?" "Uh, yeah, it was only 9 miles, and also you apparently walked that far...what's the big deal?"

My friend (with his Lexus-driving wife that hates all things motorcycling, mathematical, or logical) has expressed to one of her girlfriends that "it's more believable when you realize different vehicles have different sized miles, bicycle miles off-road are a lot shorter than our miles so there's more of them."

Did I mention she was a Lexus driver?
  17. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^^^^
    Is she also blonde?

Mike
  18. goD giB

goD giB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need pics to assess the credibility of the statement.
  19. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    I'm guilty of this same thing. I was at my local shop and noticed two Victorys with Alaska tags. I asked the folks if they rode all the way down. They smiled and said Yes.

The difference is...I wasn't surprised that they rode all the way down, I was just curious if they did. Maybe they moved down here and trailered the bikes. It seemed worth asking.
    Gus_1869 likes this.
  20. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or they could have taken a ferry from AK to the lower 49