Stupid trials question thread...

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Garthe, Nov 2, 2014.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, it probably fit a Kihein. Hopefully they can get the correct one soon.
  2. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Doing my first AHRMA trials event Sunday. I have never done a trials event only trail ride my trials bikes.

My question.. should I ride line 3 or the easier line 4 ?
  3. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    My 2 cents...

Gget there a little early and ask some questions and walk a few sections. You can also check if they have an open type class that would let you pick between the two lines and just not count your score for the session points. (The club I started with had this and it helped me figure out where I really was skill wise. )

They may also be willing to let you ride your first loop at the lower line and if its just to easy let you bump up to the harder line for loops 2 or 3?

And if all else fails default to the easy line for my first and then jump up to the harder line if it was just to easy. :evil

Just my opinion but hope it helps... and good luck!
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahrma is usually way too easy. So start with the 3 line. Good luck and have fun.
  5. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since you have & ride trials bikes, definitely ride the 3 line. You're supposed to stick with the same line all year with AHRMA and would be bored silly riding the 4 line all year. If you have time, just practice some tight-ish figure 8's on flat ground and then on a slope. If you don't have time, you'll still be fine. Our first AHRMA trial on this side of the country is on 2/28.
  6. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice guys.. I am just signing up in the support class so no points and not worried where I will be stuck for the year. You guys have confirmed what I have heard about AHRMA . Pretty sure I'll do line 3 but may pick Robert Poole's brain when I show up and walk a section or two.

I talked a buddy into dragging his KT250 as well..both our first trials event. Should be fun....probably lots of this :lol3 and this :freaky
  7. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Well the bike is loaded but clutch is dragging a bit and rain in the forecast for tomorrow's event. Should be interesting
  8. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Break out the Belstaff jacket to get the proper mood of a gloomy English day!:D
  9. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dumb trials bike question. Do trials bars have a specific bend? I picked a bike up yesterday and the bars are a little tweaked but the do not look like regular dirt bike bars... :freaky
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, trials bends are almost straight across. Ever since the Fat Bars came along, not much thought about bar bends.
  11. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Just a follow up......I had a blast and am freaking hooked ..

A constant light rain, in line to start a section through the rocks in front of me. trees and heavy fog block out the rest of the world. I look behind me and Preston Petty is sitting on his Greeves ready to have a go.

I swear it was surreal. I felt for a moment I went back in time. And FYI the 3 line was just the right amount of challenge for me :clap

Some pics here
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26215720&postcount=2928
  12. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another convert! Your sig line will need a new line in it about trials. Our first event on Saturday looks like it will involve a lot of wet leaves, mud and good ole red Georgia clay.
  13. grizCP

grizCP RMTA

Oddometer:

UPDATE: Made the cable work temporarily with a shim. Tried to re-order the correct one... after two weeks Beta informed the shop that it's out of stock and not going to be available. Suggested to have one made.

Any ideas on where to have this done?.... :ear
  14. thetable

thetable Long timer

Oddometer:
    For other bikes in the past, I've been pointed to independent Harley shops, as in a shop that specializes in customs.

I also understand that Motion Pro does custom cables. Yup: https://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/
  15. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Someone has no imagination as a rev 3 throttle from 2000 -2007 should fit. And the Beta rev3 cable is widely available. You need the elbow off the carb top for the rev3.
  16. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. slicktop

slicktop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Domino, Motion Pro, Kehien.
    Motion Pro is a good company with quality in mind. Lots of products!
  18. LSMick

LSMick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe a stupid question.
    Why is the kick stand on the wrong side? I am having a rough time getting on the bike from the right side. It just feels weird.

I get on the left side and just kick it up but just saying it's taking a little time to get used too.

BTW, I'm loving it ( 04 Gasser 300 Pro) and wish I had started sooner.
  19. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    My old Fantic was on the left side. It was also so narrow that the bike always fell over. The new Sherco is great. Takes a little learning with it on the other side, but that bike will stay standing up on the kick stand in some of the worst places. Now if it would only learn to do the same thing without my foot holding it up while riding I would be doing so much better.
  20. ridenm

ridenm Missing my emotional support squirrel Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Montesa has a right-side kickstand. I still get on from the left, because the seat is so low and the bike is so light that swinging a leg over the high side is not a problem. I get off from the left and then lean over and deploy the stand.