1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Sudbury ON Riders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sudburyrider, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Beerfire

Beerfire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We did part of that run June 26 we were 4 bikes so just we pushed thru I think we had 2 or 3 good times washouts to deal with but we made it to Capreol from the watershed

Great times !
  2. Suds17

Suds17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that culvert got a lot more uncovered in the last big storms that went through in early July . I don’t remember that much culvert showing June 28.
    Water was over the boots and running fast!!
  3. GR0NK

GR0NK Got some screws loose!

Oddometer:
    I think your odo is a bit off. Capreol to Shinning Tree is 165kms so if you started at the HWY 560 and Sandy lake rd you should have been in Capreol for sure. Do you have a GPS? It would have shown you how close you were.

Sean
  4. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully can meet up with some of you guys at some point after I get used to riding again. After almost 10 years without a motorcycle I just purchased a used 2018 triumph tiger 800 xca to play with
  5. Suds17

Suds17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pyro, when the snow leaves post a ride. There's a bunch of us in Sudbury always looking to go for a ride. Stuck KTM 2019 Rallly .JPG
    RobP likes this.
  6. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will do though will need to get used to riding again prior to going riding with anyone else. dont really have any off pavement experience but will be fun to learn/try
  7. GR0NK

Oddometer:
    @Beerfire
    @Suds17

Reaching out now so we can get some rides in this year. :beer
    Not sure if you guys know but we started a club. STARA is Sudbury Trail and Adventure Riders Association. We're under the OFTR umbrella and this is our second year. We have some good events planned but it's currently very lopsided with Trail riders. Need to dig the Big Bike guys out of hibernation to represent the ADV crowd. I swear when I talk about you guys everyone looks at me like you guys are Snufulafagus and the Pokaroo! :lol3

I bought a new little bike this year but I still have the 950 Princess so let's get out there.

Also if anybody has a studded bike we organize a casual day on Whitewater every now and then. We plow a track and just have fun. Very family oriented and safe for the kids too.

Find STARA on Farcebook here: https://www.facebook.com/staraclub

Sean :-)
    Leystone likes this.
  8. northernclaude

northernclaude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Gronk, I am 100% interested I follow Enduro North and Stara, but found that most rides are geared for smaller bikes, so Il will keep a eye on this thread as well ...cheers
  9. GR0NK

Oddometer:
    Hi Claude. Several factors have held us (STARA) back on the development of the ADV aspect but I'm hoping to remedy that this year.

Keep in mind Enduro North is just a FB group. While it is not directly affiliated with STARA (and mostly a casual gathering place for riders and organizing rides) many of the members there are STARA members as well. Anything that STARA does will require a STARA membership to participate in. Feel free however to plan rides and seek out riding companions on EN. More traffic there will generate more activity. :deal

Sean :-)
  10. Beerfire

Beerfire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hola Gronk!!

looking forward to it !!

chat soon
  11. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any places here in town have a decent selection of gear other than Royal? Need to pick up some new gloves and possibly some boots
  12. Jake_NorthernOnt

Jake_NorthernOnt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey pyro,

I’m always up for a ride, there are plenty of trails around town both beginner and advanced. I just did the loop from Hwy 144 at Benny over to Milnet behind Capreol...Trails were pretty good with a few deeper puddles but no issue for the Tiger.

7870658C-0CEC-4560-BF59-0D8FAA2031D5.jpeg
    GR0NK and pyro_ like this.
  13. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have to get my gear sorted out a bit more first and some better crash bars in the bike before I take it off road cause I know as a beginner I am going to drop it lol
  14. GR0NK

Oddometer:
    Try Leroux Automotive in Chelmsford. They started stocking stuff this year for our club. You won't get the discount without a STARA membership but the selection is there and he can special order more things than Royal can at the moment.

Sean
  15. pyro_

pyro_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks will check them out