summer BC ride !!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by payback, May 14, 2006.

1. payback

payback Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I 'm doing a ride this summer it is as follows.......

Leaving Fernie to kaslo
    kaslo to williams lake
    williams lake to bella coola
    bella coola on the ferry to port hardy
    port hardy to campbell river
    to vancouver then home ( back to fernie) somehow no real idea on route home.

I'm so pumped to do this ride...I may hook up with my buddy in williams lake or I may do it solo, the more the better>>>>> ANYBODY INTERESTED! I'm planing on taking in the kaslo Jazz festival then heading out fromm there Aug 4th or 5th and returning home after about two weeks more or less. My bosses are motorcycle lovers as well so I'm able to take kinda what i need, they're living vicariously through me!!

The idea behind this trip is to travel a wide range of BC, isollated, populated, pavement, FSR, ocean, mountain s, dessert, you name it!! How great does it sound

So as you may be able to tell the trip is pretty loosely put together ie. roads gravel or paved. I drive a DR650, so dirt and gravel is great . On that route is there any fantastic things I shouldn't miss. Sandon has been mentioned to me a few times, any awesome FSRs that i shouldn't miss. I know how amazing bc is ,no matter where I go it'll be sweet.

I'm a NOOB to the DS world (bought my bike last July) I finally found my true calling----the world of Dual sport.

Any ideas??????

payback
  2. Isle Rider

Isle Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On your return, consider riding the Duffy Lake road (Pemberton - Lillooet), rather than the drone along Hwy 3. Also if time permits, instead of risking your life with the knee draggin' squids on the Whistler route to Pemberton, consider connecting to Pemberton via Harrison lake. That should satiate your appetite for the less travelled route :evil
  3. araspitfire

araspitfire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make sure you keep up to date on BC Ferries plans for boats on this route...

Al...
  4. payback

payback Adventurer

Oddometer:
    good call