Summer jacket advice: Klim Marrakesh vs Rukka Airall

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mpec82, Jun 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mpec82

mpec82 n00b

Oddometer:
    Need a summer jacket and narrowed my choices between these two jackets:

- Klim Marrakesh
    - Rukka Airall

Which brand is better overall? Pros/cons of these jackets?
  2. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marrakesh I found to be stifling over 80F, it doesn't flow as much air as the AFT weave in the Rukka. However, I'd expect the Marrakesh to be more abrasion resistant, and the stretch weave is very comfortable. Klim has a back protector, you'll need to buy one for the Rukka. Pick the one that makes the most sense for your climate.
    davyjones likes this.
  3. Travman

Travman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve only tried on one Rukka jacket and found the fit to be way off for me in the 2XL to 3xl sizing. The Marrakesh 2XL fits great and is the most comfortable jacket I own. I thought I would be done with it for any temps over 80 but the jacket has surprised me. It wears cooler than my Tourmaster mesh jacket and I’ve now been on several rides where afternoon temps were above 90. I have the grey color. Earlier this year when paired with a heated liner, I was good down to 50.

So far a win win.
    davyjones likes this.
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    How is it in your humidity?
  5. flewrc

flewrc n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi.
    I have a Rukka Airall. I used it last summer to go across parts of Canada and in daily commuting. Last summer I rode with it in +30C for most of my trip from Calgary to Kingston. It performed quite well and I was not too warm. There was a stretch that I was stuck on the 401 in Toronto doing less than 10 km/hr in 30C. I was warm but it was bearable.
    I do find that when riding in the city at anything less than 20C, I'm actually cold when wearing a t-shirt underneath. I have to have a liner in the jacket.
    The jacket does flow quite a bit of air.
    I did put my own back protector into the jacket.
    So that's my experience with this jacket.

Thanks
    Fred
    davyjones likes this.
  6. Travman

Travman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s fine and that was the surprising part. Perhaps because the whole jacket breaths and not just the mesh panels in a mesh jacket. That’s what I meant that it wears cooler than it appears.
  7. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think you definitely need to buy the grey one if you’re expecting to use in higher temps then. I had the black one and got quite warm, even on a naked bike, above the 80s in VA humidity.