Summerland, BC, tell me where to go!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MadMmmike, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MadMmmike

MadMmmike DBG

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone! I originally posted in "the rockies" but someone mentioned I may get a better response in here.
    I'm going into summerland for this weekend, and may be able to bring my motorcycle (DRZ-e) Street plated. anyway, I was hoping to find someone to direct me to either a source for trail info, or perhaps (preferabley) graciously extend to me some directions to some good trails, unfortunately there won't be much "exploritory" time, but I may have 2 hours or so to ride, so.....I was hopin' to leave the asphalt and explore some dirt, but if not, I'll slap on the 17's and go slaughter some twisties....!!!!!

Sweet! Thanks in advance!

Mike :wink:
  2. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Gravel road from Summerland heading west to Osprey Lake is nice. You can get on parts of the Kettle Valley Railway from there too. Not exactly sure how to get on it but the locals can direct you. Been doing some great twisty paved roads here, with the wife, on the Tiger all week.
  3. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    I spent an hour touring Summerland 3 weeks ago, lots of views/histrory just riding around town. If you want dirt, follow the signs leading to the west station of the KVR Steam Train which operates tours. Get on the Summerland / Princeton road heading west. Lots of ATV and impromptu motocross tracks around. When you get to the next little town (8 houses) look for the Kettle Valley Railway. Ignore the signs that say "no motorized vehicles" (it's been changed). The KVR follows a creek for miles. The road parallels the KVR so there are spots where you can leave the KVR and head back on the road when you've had enough.
    I'm riding to Kelowna Friday for a couple of weeks. If you can find more than a couple hours, I'll take you for a tour around the lake.
    Cheers
    Stand Up
    KVR above Kelowna
    [​IMG]
  4. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
    from Kelowna, head south along the lake along the vineyards, head straight up til you find Chute Lake road,,it used to go over the top of the mountain all the way to Penticton,,mind you, i'm talkin 20 yrs or so ago, but there were some gnarly roads up top,,ptrmn
  5. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    drop by a local shop, they can help too.

if you get further north the cut off from 97 ( vernon to kamloops ) that goes through silver creek towards salmon arm , :evil whoa baby, no dirt but thats one twisty mutha,, on the southern 1/2, damn nice, on the east coast it would be famous. :1drink
  6. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    HighwayChile,

You are talking about Silver Creek Road, one of my faves. It's a part of my usual evening tour. After hundreds of rides, it's still fun. When you get adventurous, there's some great dirt roads off of it too.
  7. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    yup,:1drink
    hell of a deal for $1.25 gets an ice cream cone at that reopened grocery store on the south end. next time I'll have to find some dirt. incredible area
  8. vexorg

vexorg This User Title For Rent

Oddometer:
    The road is still there, but more and more of it is getting paved. My parents have retired to a subdivision up on Chute Lake Road, it's getting pretty full of houses now. However, the road does continue up over the top. A few years ago after the big fires that went through the area, you could get amazing views from the top due to lack of trees/vegetation at the time.
  9. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    If you stay on the esat side of OK lake, it is only 21 km of dirt. Maps show there's a way up to the KVR from Bertrum park. I'll check that out this weekend.