Sunax visor

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ekim250, Apr 19, 2020.

1. FieldSanitation

FieldSanitation Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    notice the OTHER "gap" or "line" right next to the one the card is going into... make sure you test both for depth.

20200423_095320_copy_756x1008.jpg
  2. JustNick

JustNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I'll give that a shot after work. If it works out I'll order one. Looks like a nice addition!
  3. JustNick

JustNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mmmk, will do. Thanks for the pic!
  4. JustNick

JustNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'm excited 'cause it looks like it'll fit my helmet. Question: The steel model, the darkest one, I read somewhere that when you tilt your head (when you're directly in the path of the sun), you can see through them a bit. Can you? Especially the steel version?
  5. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can in bright sunlight.
  6. FieldSanitation

Oddometer:
    i had the original version, the whole purpose of these things is to be able to drop the brim of your hat down to block the sun... I usually only had to use it when I was riding into the sun early morning or late evening (commute times) and the highway pointed me straight into it... it really cuts down the blast from the sun.
  7. glory racing

glory racing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The bmg site offers choices for SAI or SAL shields. Both of these are older Arai shields. Do you happen to know which, if either, will work correctly with the Signet X which has the new VAS-V shield? Thanx.
  8. JustNick

JustNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Went ahead and ordered one from BMG. With shipping it was only $30. Way worth a shot, considering a transitional shield for my Shoei is $199! And I don't like the idea of carrying around an extra shield should I decide to stay out late. Thanks for everyone's help.
  9. KingOfFleece

Oddometer:
    I think you'll like it.
    does what it's supposed to do-cuts glare right down.
  10. FieldSanitation

Oddometer:
    it's not really about the shield, it's about the gap in the shell (see my picture above)
  11. MAfromZA

MAfromZA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a great idea! I came upon Sunex when i thought about the same idea. Ive already made a template. I will attempt to make a couple soon as the visors arrive. Thanks for sharing!
  12. JustNick

JustNick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I got the Steel version in today, and just installed it. On a Shoei RF-SR, it was a PITA! I got so close, but found that material meant to help keep it in place was just gumming up. The slot was too tight. So I removed the material, and the thing installed in a couple of minutes. I feel like the rubber seal and the space the visor takes up will keep it snug. Now for a nice sunny day to test it!
  13. ekim250

ekim250 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, got mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm rejetting my bike so I can't try it till this weekend. Steel seems a bit light. Maybe I should have got blue? We'll see?
  14. FieldSanitation

Oddometer:
    SWEEET!
  15. glory racing

Oddometer:
    I read somewhere that the new Arai X series of helmets has a different sized brow vent than the earlier versions. Therefore the Sunax would not fit correctly up to the brow vents and allow sun glare. I have found that Sunax has 2 offerings for Arai helmets: an SAI or the SAL shielded helmets. Don't know which to purchase or if either will actually work with the Signet X. ???
  16. FieldSanitation

Oddometer:
    I have the signet X and my sunax is on it's way... I'll let you know how it fits!
    glory racing likes this.
  17. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Fantastic...thanx. The Arai Profile used one of the old style shields and I remembered that I had an old Profile in the storage room. The brow vents on the Profile are 3 1/2 inches apart. The vents on the Signet X are 3 7/8 apart. Although that doesn't seem like much, the 3/8 of an inch gap is what the poster said would allow the glare to enter. Sure hope you ordered the correct one and it works out. Looking forward to your findings.

PS...sorry you are also a member of the long oval club.
  18. JTerryM

JTerryM -/\~

Oddometer:
    I have a Signet X and ordered the SAI from BMG, per their listing it as fitting "new Arai". It installed easily but the vent cutouts are slightly narrow on the outside of the brow vents. Still works and no light gaps that I can see. My helmet is the small shell size, so maybe it would fit the larger shells better.

p.s. Great service from BMG. Ordered Thursday, received Tuesday.
  19. KingOfFleece

Oddometer:
    It trims easy enough with an exacto knife
  20. MAfromZA

MAfromZA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20200429_144937(1).jpg 20200429_145032.jpg

For those with extra visors laying around put that dremel or bandsaw to good use! This Agv visor is 1/8" thick so I beveled the top to slide easier. I do plan on drilling antifog holes after i fool around with this.