SUNDAY MORNING FREEWAY SHOOTINGS aka SOCAL SHIT SHOW aka SUNDAY'S UNFINISHED BUSINESS RIDE

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MongoLikeCandy, Oct 12, 2020.

1. MongoLikeCandy

MongoLikeCandy It never gets easier, you just get faster

Oddometer:
    A Long Slow Dance With #ItalianMistressNo3 Ride...

20201011_165918.jpg 20201011_170150.jpg 20201011_170121.jpg 20201011_170150.jpg 20201011_165836.jpg 20201011_165805.jpg 20201011_165748.jpg 20201011_141352.jpg 20201011_132731.jpg 20201011_111116.jpg Well the day started off with a bang literally......

after +90mph clean blast out the 210, I slam into a 40 min gridlock on the 15N....its fucking 9am on a Sunday morning ..... I have a few questions -

a) who are these fucking people?

b) where are they fucking going?

c) why aren't they in fucking church?

lane splitting i clear the jam however there's no accident, no one running nekked on the hiway with a soup spoon, no kittens in traffic lanes, so what's going on people?

clearing the jam, i see a lot of folks parked on the I - 15N median looking down over to the I - 15 South .... ok....pull my finger....I stop at the roadside rubberneck partaaaay .... right..... the SWAT team has some guy on the freeway floor, wtf .... can't we just give mental illness and guns the day off? holy fucking christ on a rubber raft, I'm so sick of this shit .... it's just a non-stop stream of eye bleeding insanity, it never takes a union break, help us my dear lord.

i met Eric from the OC and his monster BMW 1200 at the Chevron / 138, we swap spit (cuz you can't shake hands, thank you covid) whereafter we proceeded to join a very large gridlock traffic que on my favorite 138/18 up to crestline/arrowhead/big bear.

unbelievable, last Sunday I saw two cars on the 138 twisty and today it was gridlocked all the way up! no lanes to split, just fucking gridlocked for 20miles. that's +40 miles of traffic jams, before 11am on a Sunday morning. Fuck you Socal/LA.

Shouldn't these people be in church?

Paradise Mountain Coffee in Crestline we found out through conversation the traffic jam on the 15S was gifted to us by a nice fella who decided to shoot himself in the chest, in front of his mother, wife and two kids .... while driving on the 15south fucking nice work pal. what a champ.

thanks for fucking up my morning, Sunday Morning Selfish Shooter.

fortunately the family is okay, as is the driver he crashed into.... unfortunately he is too.

so yes, yesterday started out with a "bang" and not the way I like it, fucking Los Angeles, SoCal....long standing tradition of random acts of violence against self and others with guns and weapons of mass ignorance

it's Sunday morning shouldn't these people be in church?

it is what it is. again, two years.....we're outta here, italy....sometimes I feel like an inmate doing time.

i feel pain.....anger and sadness....God help me and my fellow man.

Weaving through traffic we jam up the 18 to Big Bear and go around the north side of the lake thru Fawnskin, to avoid the shitshow that is Big Bear....well....to the shitshow that is Northside Fawnskin...there's a lot of traffic coming through there being a glorious weekend in the mountains in the fall, combined with a shooter on the freeway .... a odd combo of concurrent events in our small universe.

on the 18 dropping down into the Lucerne desert we triple-digit across a busy 247 to Pipes Canyon, I just love it here, still vacant & beautiful....still a secret road, shortcut if only 20 mins worth....its 20mins of people replaced by amazing landscape.

Pappy and Harriet's at 1 p.m. it's packed with a 2 hour wait for food....2 hrs to eat outside in the dirt...what a fucking mess our country is....I'm just fucking speechless...no civility....

"Here's your bag of food and all the waste and trash to go with it .... now eat outside in the dirt and find your own shitter....thank you for your business"

Mother Earth is laughing and crying at the same moment.

jumping on the motos we roll 20mins downgrade to the Frontier Cafe, nobody in line, the coffee is good, service is spicey, food on the curb. eat n leave....too noisy and too many people from Venice. JT shitshowspicy, the Yucca Shitshow.... never in my lifetime I thought I'd see Yucca as a tourist destination .... what's next Morongo Valley? actually I think it's happening.

2 years = xpat italy, bring it.

Weaving our way thru high desert traffic to the 10 where we immediately join a 10westbound gridlock traffic jam....again.... so far most of our day has been spent gridlocked in traffic, SoCal used to be a nice place, 20yrs ago.
    40 minutes of lane splitting brings us to the 243 to Idlywild....it's wide-open, it's smooth it's beautiful, it's worth all the shootings and gridlock....we clash the gears, burn some gas and shread some tires into Idlywild.... for a desperately-needed macchiato and a pretty good guitarist playing "Low Spark High Heeled Boys" ... by.... you guessed it.... Traffic!!!! how ironic....I nap on the artificial grass.

The nice twisty session down the 74 to a photo shoot turnout, Hemet, we super slab at home.

overall it was a good day, inclusive of gridlock traffic jams, Sundee Morning Family Shootings and The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys on artifical grass.....lovely......yes it was a good day on the Moto!
  2. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
  3. Krider1

Krider1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    intense read been living in inland empire and orange county my whole life 58 years I'll be movin out a here in 4 years god willing. have a great day,
    MongoLikeCandy likes this.
  4. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    I know man....socal has gotten really gnarly....people are eating their fucking young here. we are gone, outta here expat italy, socal over run by nose picking,, ass scratching, chronic masterbating, primates.

sweet baby geeus, help them, they know not what they do
  5. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Well that took an interesting turn!
    MongoLikeCandy likes this.
  6. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    totally!!!! shit show up to big bear.....after that....totally epic!
  7. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    even though this was a shitshow², i do think (i hope) it was a one off with all the traffic resulting from the freeway shooting....that said im going to do this again.....one more time before iys too cold/icy up in the mountains....if anyone cares to join meet at àbloc 0700 Saturday morning, kickstands up 0800....if thats out of the way, meet at the chevron at the 15 & 138, 0900(ish)

PM me friday afternoon to confirm that im still rolling....if i have to bail, you can do it yourself, the basic route is up there for the lovin....you will not regret it!

PRIMARY - meet location for Coffee / Food / Love

0700 coffee
    0800 kickstands up

à bloc LA - coffee / food / love
    5025 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90042
    (323) 739-0351
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/8rAB2TY8Qr9f55nB7

SECONDARY - meet location (cajon junction)

0900ish

Chevron
    3260 Wagon Train Rd, Phelan, CA 92371
    (760) 249-4575
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/JDwvh2oRPydtrRWQ8

see.you.there.....or not.

Create Peace / Make Coffee / Drink Love ✌❤️
    Amphib and bykemike like this.
  8. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pretty smoggy too...
  9. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    looks like I'm making this session in its full glory.....sans family shootings and massive gridlock!

this time I think ill break for lunch at the intersection of the 18 (out of big bear) and the 247 (in the desert) I've been alerted to a bitchin barbecue place called Cafe 247 that is not to be missed, I think it'll be better than waiting 2 hours to eat outdoors at Pappy and Harriet's or curbside with noisy traffic out front of the Frontier Cafe in Yucca..... of course we're leaving rolling at 8:00 so that may put us at the cafe early for lunch, if we're not ready for lunch we'll roll on .... we can assess that, at that time....here is Cafe 247....

Cafe 247
    32866 Old Woman Springs Rd, Lucerne Valley, CA 92356
    (760) 248-6088
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/oP2sDKNb3qFH4Ury8