1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Nov 06 Nooner

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mutineer, Nov 6, 2004.

1. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Hoosier Daddy called me today and I missed the call because my cell phone croaked out. Damn, Damn, Damn.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice anybody wanna ride.

I am headed south for 135 I think but I am open to other ideas.

Meet in Indy area and head somewhere for a few hours?
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well where did you go and what did you see there?

:ear
  3. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    hey Chain,

I did get a pretty good ride in. Got a couple of calls yesterday to go ride but I had family in town and my cell phone died Saturday so I missed the calls anyway.

Got a couple of PM's for possible ride today but it just didn't work out so I flew solo today. With me schedule being what it is that happens a lot, but I am really starting to like riding solo.

Got in a couple of hundred miles today but I didn't get out of the house until after 1.

I pretty much rode the route from my ride report a few weeks ago. 135 South is one of my favorite roads in the state and I had some things to do down there anyway.

With all of the digital cameras around here there was not a single one to be found before I could take off for a ride so no pics.

Had a sunset dinner by myself on a picnic table in, Brown County State park at a scenic overlook. Ate some black olives, had some roast beef with some slices of garlic cheese. Had some italian bread and just tore off some pieces dredged them in olive oil. A little coffee from my thermos and some dark chocolate for desert.

Watched the sunset over a forest of trees with no leaves and headed for home.

A damn fine way to spend an afternoon/evening.

Today was the first day I have gone anywhere without a cell phone on purpose in over two years. Riding alone today worked out to be perfect for my head. IT did bring another issue up, I'll probably post athread in Face Plant or JM on it. I have noticed I ride pretty slow since my crash and I was blaming it on the new, to me, Dakar. It is a great bike but not a very fast bike. Pretty unususal bike if you uhave had never had such a big thumper and I have not.

Today I rode the new (again, new to me) ST1100 and I still ride pretty slow. No blaming it a less tha fast bike, this thing is, by very wide margin, the fasted bike I have ever owned.

I think I still have some mental issues to work out since the crash. I am OK with dialing up on a road where I can see pretty far ahead,the highway is pretty much it, but on blind corners and hills I back off a lot before heading into a curve. White cars at intersections still give me butterflies, but the one is obvious.

Anyway, not a bad thing, just something to work out. It was a pretty nice afternoon and I am loving the ST1100. IT is one set of heli-bars away from perfect.

dave
  4. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

new bike :thumb

I would just as soon ride solo about 80 % of the time, I have a local riding buddy that Im vry compatable with and a coulple of adv events each year tops off my riding just fine
    Sounds like you enjoyed a great afternoon, good for you :nod

cheers
    chain
  5. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    No Cell phone:clap