Sunday pavement ride

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Scalzitti, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    I'm going riding tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. Sorry, but no dirt, or should I say mud, planned. After the New Year's Eve ride Friday, I hit the ComEd dirt route that I was introduced to a few weeks ago by my new riding pals. It was as slick as snot - and really got my heart pumping a few times, so all pavement Sunday.

If anyone wants to join up, let's meet at the Mobil station at the northwest corner of Ela & Rand Roads in Lake Zurich. My plan is to ride north to Kettle Moraine and then follow the scenic drive until the group (if there is a group) decides it's time to turn around and head home. I'm thinkng we should be home by 4 pm or when the sun stops warming us.
  2. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Larry:

We had some friends down here from the Milwaukee area today, and the weather reports from SE WI are freezing rain today and very slick/ice roads. If you go up North to Kettle area watch the curves/shade for black ice. Would hate to see you mess up the big GS on those roads.

Rusty and I are talking about meeting around 11ish for some road riding, but not sure where or if we are going for sure. Right now, the weather report is calling for showers so I don't know if I will be going. I need to bring the shortie if I do go, and I don't like riding in less than ideal conditions with an 8.5 YO passenger.

Be safe and have a happy New Year.

LIP

PS. Time to update your website...
  3. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    Lip, hope you made it out with Fireman today! I met 5 other riders from one of my m/c clubs - Top Cats - at the appointed hour. We did about 120 miles in a loop that took us first north and then west. The temps never made it to the hoped for mid - 50s. When we stopped for lunch an LT rider was showing 35 degrees on his bike thermometer. I doubt if it got any warmer. Never did see the sun! Looks like Friday turned out to be the best day this weekend.

Regret that the web site is out of date. Seems like that always falls to the bottom of the to do list. The juggling sections will be updated this week, and I will try to give some attention to the bike sections over the next month. I regretfully acknowledge that I'm one and a half summer trips behind - that's like 400 some photos and of course the journal notes that go with it. If I was smart I'd carry a laptop and write as I go, but I don't want to sweat losing it.

Let me know when you go riding again.
  4. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Larry:

I got out starting around 1:00 PM to give my daughter a ride over to her friend's house in Antioch and back home to get my son who also wanted to get out and ride today. We met up with Rusty around 2:15 PM at the Shell station on 120 and Chapel Hill Road across from the Harley/Buell dealer. Went side roads back out to Wave Cafe in Harvard, and back home around 4:45 PM. I think I got in a bit over 100 miles total, and was glad to get home before dark. The temps seemed to be going down as we were coming back East.

Will catch up soon,

LIP
  5. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Scalzitti:

I sent you PM for your cell phone number, so we can call you for last minute rides. I left you my number in the PM.

Rusty