Super Soco [Electric Motorcycle with Removable Battery]

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by RockyRoad5, Dec 17, 2017.

1. RockyRoad5

RockyRoad5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all. I stumbled upon an electric motorcycle with a removable (lithium) battery that looks amazing. It features a Bosch in hub motor. Currently talking with the MFG for USA distribution. It comes with VIN but have no idea how to get the MCO > title.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MJSfoto1956

MJSfoto1956 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotta watch out for those Sumsang batteries! :p
    605Zee likes this.
  3. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    I’d be careful of the Pasasonic ones too.
  4. RockyRoad5

RockyRoad5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bikes are legit though:

New Model:

Older Model:

5. MJSfoto1956

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't be surprised if these are *not* typos :p
  6. MJSfoto1956

Oddometer:
    FYI, she is now selling the bike she reviewed because it simply isn't fast enough. i.e. When the batteries are not @ 100% she has trouble getting 32mph.
  7. RockyRoad5

RockyRoad5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    She has the older model - the TS, not the TC. The TC has the faster motor etc...thread updated with new model video

Her bike was also speed locked I think - if you read the comments she was able to unlock the limiter. In any case these are for city riding, they don't compete with Zero speeds whatsoever. What they do compete with is the BOOM, and given the fact that the battery is removable + lithium and the price is not vastly different (older ones cost $1200 + ship), I think these bikes are far superior.

New Model Video:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    EvrythingAwesom likes this.
  8. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't get it. Why not just get a quality 50cc scooter. This seems to have about the same performance, except that the scooter has unlimited range. Electric vehicles cannot succeed unless they match all the performance, longevity, and price specs of ICE powered vehicles.
  9. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Earlier today I was reading some electric bicycle blogs, and one of the issues mentioned that name brand batteries purchased directly from China (via sites like Alibaba) are notorious for packaging cheap batteries in fake labels wraps to get the big profit over what the no name brands get.

Indeed, those misspellings could be intentional deception, or not, but I thought it interesting to read this post not 30 minutes after reading about “fake name brand Chinese batteries”.
  10. RockyRoad5

RockyRoad5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This costs around the same as a Honda Ruckus, with a supposed 120 mile range and a supposed top speed of ~46mph. I'd much rather go electric, but it's a personal preference. Personally these are freaking COOL :)
  11. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    " I'd much rather go electric, but it's a personal preference." Ok, that answers that. I will always go ICE unless electric offered some significant tangible advantage, like being able to ride it where it is not legal to ride an ICE bike. This electric motorcycle would not be allowed there either.

I have ridden ICE scooters with limited range. The Yamaha Vino 125 has a range of about 70 miles, sometimes requiring me to carry extra gas. Here in Southern AZ, there are places where gas stations are more than 70 miles apart. Had it had a 110 mile range, I would never have needed to carry extra gas. But carrying a small bottle of gas is a bit different than carrying huge batteries, and, when the last battery goes dead, you cannot recharge them at a gas station. I also put 36,000 miles on the Vino, and it still ran great. I can't see this bike lasting that long. ICE is not just a personal preference, it has a ton of real world benefits over electric, and no negative issues I can think of, other than paying for the small amount of gas and changing the oil.
  12. Big Bamboo

Big Bamboo Aircooled & Sunbaked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does it say anywhere how much the removable battery weighs? If they weren't too heavy, I could see carrying a spare or two...
  13. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Calm down fanboi, it's 100km@20kph with one battery pack. That's not very useful, range at a survivable 60kph is likely a lot less, so likely around 70-80 mile range with new fully charged batteries. Severe range anxiety for most owners within six months ....

I'll concede it'd be attractive for my 9km 1 way commute which is all on low speed roads but I'm willing to bet I'm very much in the minority in having an electric friendly commute.
  14. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it look like it might come with pedals, or things with the appearance of pedals to skirt some motorised bicycle/moped laws?
  15. tokyo

tokyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    only 1500w? That will be pretty slow.. I home built a cheapie fatbike with 1500W that weighs maybe 50lbs with pedals. It scoots along fine but doesn't do power wheelies or anything. I can imagine on something this big it would feel pretty lethargic.
  16. EvrythingAwesom

EvrythingAwesom Long timer

Oddometer:

You'll get "it" when you've ridden electric moto's enough to appreciate how the public loves the bike, and you, the rider. I park in all kinds of No-Parking areas, sometimes practically inside a shop or a cafe. The security guards smile, 'ok'. You can park with bicycles, too. Then, there's the ability to plug in anywhere there's an electric outlet, including gas stations -- for free.

Plus, I will be living 1.5 years longer -- book: "Lives Per Gallon". No COPD, or at least, will be delaying that.

About the Super Soco's -- tried one, the older model, that was speed-limited. It is essentially a 3/4 size Zero clone on looks, imo. I did not like the Super Soco pedal position and could not wait to bring it back, because, for me, the ergonomics were dangerous. The E-grom's are real bikes that any hooligan can love, jumping curbs and even getting trapped in mud holes.

I also prefer the wide wheels of the egroms. Before you buy any el-moto, be sure that the tires are tubeless.

Just my two cents.
  17. EvrythingAwesom

EvrythingAwesom Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Super Soco can have either pedals or foot pegs installed.

I rode the pedal-version and for me, the ride was dangerous -- bad ergo's. Maybe OK for someone very short, but I doubt it.
    Ogre_fl likes this.