SUPER TENERE 1200: Are they built and ready to be shipped to the US?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by ~TABASCO~, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ~TABASCO~

~TABASCO~ www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer:
    ST Enthusiast, :lol3

Do you think a batch is built and just about ready to head over? Do you think they will hit in May?

I head over to the ADVrider site everyday and read all the ST post. I feel that I know several of you just from reading all your post everyday. There are a ton of ST enthusiast, and allot of great info that I learned over the last year, year and half. Now just waiting patiently for the first US batch of ST to hit shore.

What are your thoughts on the first 'batch' of ST's already built? The blue and blacks are built for other countries. We have seen the black in Europe already. (we have all seen the pictures and video's of both) Do you think they ran a line of US bikes and have them crated and ready to send over? I'm hoping Yamaha will try and have the first batch at every one's dealers by mid May and customers picking up bikes. Maybe they will be dropped of third or fourth week in April and then start moving them around the country to all the dealers before the big trigger is pulled for everyone to start getting the "call" and pick up your bike. Hope Yamaha has learned from the first delivery year with the FJR's, and delivers when they say they are. For the folks that dont know, first year FJR was a PDP and the bikes where late by a while.

There are allot of people from around the world that have a great wealth of knowledge. From shipping goods to the import-export business and im sure people from Yamaha are on this site, ( I know they are)... So im I in "hopeful thinking" bliss on the bikes built already, and ready to head over,,,, or do you think they are going to wait till after the dead line of March 31 and then just knock out 1500 US bikes to be shipped over in batches.

Before I go, I read this forum everyday but dont post that often. I want to thank the hundreds of posters and the 'regulars' that offer so much great info on this new motorcycle. I lust for the bike and its just a short time frame away now. Have a black on the way. Thanks to all the guys on the other side of the world for posting tech articles, pictures, videos, Etc... Ive kinda lived a bit through their eyes and there experiences with this new bike as we wait for ours... Not being sappy... Thanks for all the great info !!!!

To all the countries that have there bikes, just wait till the US gets ours. A WHOLE nother wave of info, parts, and new found enthusiasm !!!:lol3:clap:wink::evil:D:clap Continue all the great posting !!
  2. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am sure adv is saving up for the extra bandwidth costs right now :D

Oh and by the way, I think they started making them in China after they saw the price you guys got. Takes a while to build a new factory just for the US bikes. :deal

By the way, won't you feel a bit conflicted with that handle in May?

G.S.A :lol3
  3. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Yea.. its OLD... :lol3 I could find other words to fill those letters but that would be politically incorrect... :lol3

Who is the boss to change that garbage... :D
  4. A Knight Who Says Ni

A Knight Who Says Ni Been here awhile

Oddometer:

there is a name change thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534156&page=420

people change their names all the time. Just reply to that thread and tell them what you want your new name to be.
  5. dcstrom

dcstrom Long timer

Oddometer:

That's not entirely true - a mate of mine got one of the first FJR's, and it was delivered EARLY. Yamaha apologized and gave him a set of saddlebag liners to make up for the "inconvenience"! We can only hope that WE are screwed around as badly :rofl
  6. Firefight911

Firefight911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Built is one thing but what is most important, to us who live in Californikistan, is whether they are 50 state bikes or not.
  7. Buckeye56

Buckeye56 Batoutahelius

Oddometer:
    Current news is deliveries are now scheduled for June or July! A lot of folks read May and assumed May 1. Maybe May 31 was a safer guess....

IIRC, the original PDP for FJRs had hic-ups and folks did not get their bikes as soon as they had hoped. Another couple of weeks is not a deal breaker for me as I have two other bikes to keep me entertained. I do hope the S10 gets here before our trip to Nova Scotia.
  8. Greg the pole

Greg the pole There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Oddometer:
    just got a call from my dealer, I ordered january 10th 2011, it will be here sometime in july
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    no i doubt they are build...you're just antsy.

my guess is they use just in time parts ordering and will use the cutoff date to shows the parts demand plus an additional 10% i think it was. no mfg can survive these days with excess inventory. i'd count on getting it when your told...alot has changes since the fjr came out.
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i put $ on the vegas table it is.
  11. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:

Californikistan.....:lol3 True-True.....
  12. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:
    I would have to agree..
  13. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:
    Buckeye,
    Where did you get the news about June-July... Just wondering...
    Spoke with owner of a dealership, he said he is still being told "May"...

I dont really care, :lol3 Just excited I guess.... :wink:
  14. 20valves

20valves Yamaholic

Oddometer:
    I ordered mine Sep. 15th and it is now showing June delivery, could be June 30th for all I know. My dealer ordered his Sep 1 and it also shows June.

No worries, it'll get here eventually. Maybe a bit more time to plan the first trip? Hope the bags and such get here about the same time.
  15. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    The delay has me pissed at Yamaha. I ordered mine sept. 8th and my dealer just told me this morning the expected delivery date will be July. Not what I wanted to hear. My 1st Yamaha and I already hate the company. I have been told all along order early for May delivery. Well I did my part and a person who orders today will have his bike in August. So my take on the PDP is I won't participate in another one and it has seriously affected my faith in Yamaha "period".
  16. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:

They are a good Company... All I can says is Yamaha FJR X2 :lol3 Hope im wrong ! :cry
  17. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Handle:huh I was too busy checking out the avatar:lol3:lol3:lol3 don't change a thing:clap
  18. A Knight Who Says Ni

A Knight Who Says Ni Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I know someone personally who ordered the FJR and got it early :dunno
  19. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was told today July delivery also for my new blue bike, I ordered Dec 1/2010.
  20. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    See that makes even less sense. My order/purchase date was Sept. 8th:pot Stood there watched him type it in to Yamaha. I am being told a July delivery, guess they are telling everyone a July delivery now:confused