1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

SUPER TENERE 1200: Are they built and ready to be shipped to the US?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by ~TABASCO~, Mar 1, 2011.

1. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The whole U.S. order will probably come over on a container ship with all the bikes in containers, then distributed accordingly in one shot rather than a few here and a few there (maybe ?). I was told if you order one now, you get it in Sept. Maybe 2 deliveries, one in July and one in Sept.
  2. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Look back at the initial deliverys of the F800GS - they were what 6 months late & then all the bikes were on the same container ship that ran aground:rofl
  3. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your F800's have arrived Sir!
    [​IMG]
  4. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like he took the corner too fast ! :wink:
  5. A Knight Who Says Ni

A Knight Who Says Ni Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I heard it was a ship rudder bearing failure :wink:
  6. Goldie05

Goldie05 Fast George

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I'm not listening :lol3:lol3:lol3

[​IMG]

Thank goodness I still have my Concours

[​IMG]
  7. vfrgreg

vfrgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or was it "in the one that fell overboard?"
  8. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:

damn somehow I can see this happening to me after waiting 10 months for a bike I have never sat on, heard run or even seen in person.:(:
  9. Dagny_Taggart

Dagny_Taggart John Galt - 2020 Supporter

Oddometer:
    New solution for the Somali pirates...

Let word out on ADV Rider that all the S10s coming to the states are on a ship that the pirates control.

Within a month, there would be no pirate problem.
  10. Jaquima

Jaquima n00b

Oddometer:
    Patience Grasshopper....
  11. ejtv

ejtv Per ipsum

Oddometer:
    Hurry, according to Fed Chair Bernanke, we can invest the $14K in the stock market now and make enough of a profit to buy all three accessory packages. :rofl
  12. ~TABASCO~

~TABASCO~ www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer:
    That's very cool,, but back in the day, the normal consensus is they where late... I have an FJR and know many people that bought the first year. I have head um-teen stories of being late.......
    But who cares..:lol3 Lets just hope for the best with the SUPER TENERE ! Hip-Hip-:clap
  13. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:
    Just to add a little more to the fire... :huh (step 1) I spoke with a friend that owns a dealership. He said that is computer is showing June for my bike. I ordered first of September. But he said there is a very good chance it will show up in May.
    (step 2) I spoke to a friend contact at Corporate Yamaha today. I asked if the ST are still being delivered in "May".. He indicated that he knows nothing different than the first ones in May. I brought up the new June / July delivery dates... He said, let me check....... Several hours later I got confirmation that "everything is on track" & "on the same schedule for May"..................
    Take it for what its worth....... If you ordered one in September im betting you will see it by the end of May.... just my $.02 :clap
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    whatever. you'll be in hog heaven when you start ridding the bike.
  15. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Just called my dealer. He looked up my early Dec. order which was submitted the same day I plunked down the $500. Yamaha is showing a late July, early Aug. delivery ! Thats a long way off from May. Half the summer shot in the ass by then. He suggested I call Yamaha USA and complain. I will for what it's worth.

Oh and that ship, that's the Ital Florida, on charter to Evergreen Shipping Lines of Taiwan. She was in a typhoon off of Japan in 07'. Takes a lot to do that kind of damage to a 965' container ship.

Look at that bottom container !
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I hope this doesnt turn into a long drawn out ordeal just to buy a bike.
  16. A Knight Who Says Ni

Oddometer:
    So apparently..... in response to the title of this thread, the answer is "NO"
  17. ~TABASCO~

Oddometer:
    Not that it truly matters but, The bikes could be built. And a batch might be ready to ship. As I was told a few post up, ^^^ they are still due in May. And probably over flow to June. The "later" arrival date might have nothing to with Yamaha or might be 100% out of there control, customs, transport, world terror, pirates.... Not really funny but :1drink

They need to ship the darn things this second...... So I can have a Christmas present ! :lol3 Heck, I was scared we where not getting them at all.... So im really glad where getting them, ONE DAY... LOL :lol3
  18. A Knight Who Says Ni

Oddometer:

I just heard from a friend of mine who ordered in september that his bike is scheduled for July.

Something is definitely not right in the land of the rising sun, it appears
  19. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Yep, just hung up with Yamaha USA. Confirmed there is a delay and my early Dec. order is looking at the end of July, early Aug. He said "Yes, thats true".

So the question is for Yamaha, will we sell as many of these in the USA, as we could have, in spite of ourselves ? :1drink
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    if you want the new utlimate japanese adv..the S10, you're gonna wait as long as it takes. what's the alternative? buy a 1000 strom? i don't think so.