SUPER TENERE 1200: Are they built and ready to be shipped to the US?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by ~TABASCO~, Mar 1, 2011.

1. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bending I can see. Whoever is the first to actually 'break' an S10 subframe deserves an award of some kind..oh, and the bolts that attach the subframe to the main frame don't qualify :D
  2. DirtynDusty

DirtynDusty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea ,needing a good easy detaching tall back rest for 2 up.
    Thanx for all the reply's,& help.Good info.
    Im still working on finishing my wr450,as my first priority.
    I almost have all my parts back,just gotta put it all together.
    But i was asking ahead on the s-10 Questions (ol black betty) furture winter projects.
    1 thing i didn't get a response was on my Garmin GPS ? (i asked to dammm many ?"s) it got lost n the bags.:rofl
    I have a older Garmin 76s with topo & WAAS its a good 1 ,but i am wanting a newer more userfriendly model.
    Thats something i havent looked @ yet whats new & good ,Durable?
    Lastly thanx for the Tenere site links.I have been on there b4, but was wanting to know your ideas & choices,& prehaps start some spinn off topics,after the power delivery debate & info ,that was so very good & informative. Thanx Again.
  3. Old Git Ray

Old Git Ray Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer:
    UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
    I have a tom tom 1 and a Garmin Zumo 660. As far as I know the TomTom 1 and 2 are the same aside from the body).
    In my opinion, the tom toms software is more logical to use and the processor is a LOT faster. When you drive past your junction it updates within seconds.
    The Zumo hower, despite being ludicrously illogical as to where it hides them, has a lot more functions, noteably the MP3 one and the masses of information in the Points Of Interest. A minus for the Zumo is that it is a complete nightmate to get your own POIs into it wheras on the tomtom it is very easy and again, logical.

The tomtom has no off road ability (unless you have a degree in software engineering and can alter the brain in it as some have done) but the zumo has a simple screen button to do this (if you can find it).
    I have the Zumo on my bike, mainly for the MP3 function.

The tomtom is more accurate in determining which road you are on. In cities, where it is possible to take the wrong off ramp and drive on a road beside the one you want, the zumo ussumes you are still on the one it told you to go down and it will do this for long way and a fair distance away from the actual point it wants you to be on. On top of this, when it does get the message, the route update can take up to 30 deconds. In a city of bullying traffic, that is a long time. The tomtom does all this almost immediately you go off route.

The tom tom has a vast library of free POIs on its website. The Garmin on the other hand, wants more money for just about everything bar software updates.

Hope this helps and your posts are easier to read too.
  4. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    Best thing I've read in months ! :thumb :lol3

996DL
  5. DirtynDusty

Oddometer:
    I do a lot of off roading, i need topo.
    yes! sorry about my post's. I find this site a bit quirky.
    Many people i have meet while riding, say they have trouble using adv rider site.
    Learning the ins & outs. Operator malfunction,mostly.
    Thanx for yor help,for i am still one of those people still figuring out this site .
    My bad late night posts are 2 be blamed on George Thorogood,
    1. Burbon , 1.scotch, & many beer,:lol3 thats my excuse & ill drink to it. Not to mention i rush to post ,& dont check post before submiting.
    I gotta run ,im late,
    I rode this weekend, had a blast.
    Did you guys get a chance 2 get out?
  6. vfrgreg

vfrgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Held Iconic tail bag is perfect for the S10

Attached Files:

7. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a PN 60 off another inmate. After I get it Friday and have some time to play with it hit me up and I'll let you know how it went.

8. Old Git Ray

Oddometer:
    Sadly not. My Yam is in storage. We are currently touring Eastern Europe in a Land Rover with a tent on the roof.

I can dream though.....
  9. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh give me a break, you old fart. I'm stuck in an office and the Land Rover sounds pretty fantastic from here.

:D
  10. Old Git Ray

Oddometer:
    He He He...Transylvania next.....Draculas base
  11. A Knight Who Says Ni

A Knight Who Says Ni Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sighisoara is a fascinating place
  12. Old Git Ray

Oddometer:
    Tell me about it, I am in the Sighisoara Hotel whilst writing this. 'Vlad the Impalers' birthplace is across the street. Vlad Dracul is Bram Stokers Dracula inspiration.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
  13. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Found on another thread:
    "This is Guillermo and his brand spanking new Yamaha 1200 Super Ténéré with less than 600 km on the clock. From what I understand, he owns the very first one brought into Argentina.

1200 cc fuel injected twin, shaft drive, and all the bells and whistles like a BMW 1200 GSA. Its a heavy bike though, I think about 260 kg wet, without anything else is what he told me. For reference, my bike wet, but, with all of my add ons, and all of the gear in the panniers, and all of my riding gear, helmet, boots, gloves everything, stacked on top of the bike, weighs in at 275 kg. I know this when I weighed it in Panama before the trip to Colombia.

Although I dont think this bike is any competition for the KTM 990 Adventure, it sure will be for the 1200 GSA. Also, to me this bike feels lighter than a 1200 GS or GSA. Maybe it carries its weight very low, maybe it didnt have much fuel in it. Whatever the reason, it felt lighter than stated.

This is a really cool bike. Good for Yamaha. We need much more competition in this market. This bike looks and feels like a very capable mile eater, and I'm sure its a bulletproof bike as most Yamahas seem to be. Is this bike being marketed in the States? If not, Yamaha really screwed the pooch on that one."

Credit: crashmaster
    To see original post, pictures, and a great thread:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501881&highlight=Fumar&page=95
  14. DirtynDusty

Oddometer:
    Do you know a guy in Penn.
    Johnny B suspension? he use to call it Travel lab.
    He now does more signs ,screenprinting.
    I think its now called ,Johnny b s sign & suspension In Munhall Penn.
    He use to do my suspension work for yamaha. He had a booth suspension rebuild(spot) @ Loretta lyns . during the finals @ the amature races back n the day. He lost a spleen n a accident. I think he does mostly screenprinting now.
    he is a hell of a good guy.
    Knows his sh-t on revalving the tripple dampeners on showa & KYB's
    after he quit ,i had to go with Pro race suspension,to get close to the quality of work.
    I tried Pro circ. motion Pro, & that litz racing , but they were behind him, in leading the way for motox suspension.
    If u know him,or ever do buisness with him, ask him about the guy from wv thats rough on suspension, he will know exactually who you r talkin about.He always said i pounded them into submission .(back n the day)
    My last ama race was n 96 .
    I was thinking of tryn get back in shape & race the over 50 pro class.
    but that kinda left my mind after a couple laps on my ol practice track,I stayed so sore for about 5 days.
    Dang father time has caught up with me.
    But the older i get the better i use to be:lol3
  15. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, don't know Johnny B. Munhall is over by Pittsburgh, a long way from here.
    Just think, at one time you were the youngest person in the whole world. :D
  16. DirtynDusty

Oddometer:
    well it looks like our st thread has slowed.
    ol Git Ray thanx for your helping me with my posts.
    I have never been on twitter ,Facebook, messenger ,ect. & I did find this site a bit confusing to use.
    I am still learning!.
    I have enjoyed chatting with everyone on this thread & other threads.
    Thanx to all for your help ,advise, & patience.
    i also want to apologize for my spelling ,& rushed posts,for i rarely check ,or proof read.
    also if i came across as a know it all in earlier post! (i just wanted to fit in) :lol3
    But seriously thanx, Happy safe trails, hope to meet some of you on the trail.
    i have enjoyed the comradery.
  17. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It may slowed since people know the bike has been built and shipped.:D