Super Tenere 1200 farkle fest

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by twinrider, Jul 6, 2018.

1. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Added a dash plate, windscreen braces, and Sasquatch lights.
    IMG_20180914_183849.jpg IMG_20180914_183903.jpg
  2. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ballisticexchris likes this.
  3. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine took a full impact hit in my driveway. Nothing more than a scratched plastic bumper on side of guard. Unfortunately the foot peg pin and mount bent to shit!! I had to use a cutoff wheel and cut through the peg and spring to remove it. I then built up the peg with weld material and filed it even. The peg mount had to be bent back and painted. I have decided if it happens again I'll put the stock pegs back on. IMG_3253.JPG P7190012.JPG
    Chillis likes this.
  4. LOFTYBOB

LOFTYBOB Burning up 98 Octane

Oddometer:
    I have been a bit busy whilst lying up at home with Influenza Type B

New carbon fiber fender extender bought from Spain via E-Bay tick
    015.JPG

AltRider side stand switch protector, tick, and uni joint boot protector, tick 014.JPG

AltRider rear master cylinder protector and foot brake extender installed, tick

016.JPG

And that is all the energy I had for the day, this Flue knocks the crap out of you.
    2WheelNeal, twinrider and Chillis like this.
  5. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice job on the bike Bob. hope you start to feel better. Please keep me posted on the fender extender clearance. I though about getting one but was worried it would hang up on skid plate.
  6. LOFTYBOB

Oddometer:
    Plenty of room mate
    ballisticexchris likes this.
  7. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    It definitely might. My one did when I hit a pothole hard. Cracked front guard and extender went bye-bye...
  8. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Got my replacement skid plate in and CSV shorty levers for the one's I broke on the last ride.

Still waiting on windshield(MRA Vario touring) and SW Motech handguards.

Still haven't figured a proper mirror solution out.
  9. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of MRA Vario Touring windscreens:

[​IMG]

Got it + Madstad bracket on today. With everything up and tilted forward I get less top of the helmet buffeting then with the stock bracket + tall OEM, and with everything down and tilted towards me I get a lot more airflow. Seems to be more wind gently getting to my upper chest area as well, although I’ll need to verify on an actually warm and humid day. I actually kind of wish I’d purchased the screen and x-screen separately, even though that would’ve been significantly more - with the clamp on screen you can actually tilt it nearly flat and direct air right at your chest.
    Chillis and LOFTYBOB like this.
  10. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I have the X-creen attached to my oem windshield. The plus is all the position possibilities and you can keep the OEM accessory bar. The minus is it's not easy to quickly adjust on the fly like the spoiler on the MRA windshield, which is one handed operation from what I remember on my TDM900 when I had one. There are four little locking mechanisms that have to be undone, and each side moves independently, so four adjustments are necessary. Best done while pulled over.
  11. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Got the SW Motech Kobra (barkbusters) handguards, ASV shortie levers, MRA Vario windscreen installed.

Still waiting on CRG Arrows with Rottweiler mounts, Barkbusters storm shields.

Also need to put the new skid plate on and cannibalize the old one for the VanVan 200. IMG_20181001_132010.jpg
    LOFTYBOB and twinrider like this.
  12. LOFTYBOB

Oddometer:
    Does the positioning of the Denali D4’s there impede any airflow into your radiator intakes?
    They look a safer position than mine are at the moment, but I’d rather maximise my airflow than worry about my fairings in a tip over
  13. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not that I've noticed. The C temp hasn't spiked at all or anything - and the previous owner had those lights on for thousands of miles, including some fairly gnarly offroad sessions in the summer.
    LOFTYBOB likes this.
  14. LOFTYBOB

Oddometer:
    Any chance of a picture from directly in front? on the center stand would be nice?

Regards Lofty
  15. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps. I need to play with the aim on the right hand side a bit to get it to point outboard towards the shoulder. The one on the left is slightly outboard that way and provided nice added visibility when flying down rural highways the other night.
    Killacurb and LOFTYBOB like this.
  16. LOFTYBOB

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that mate
  17. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Hey twinrider I did the horn modification that you posted. Bought the same parts and it all went together in about 10 minutes. Huge improvement. Thank you for your post, I appreciate it !!
    twinrider and Chillis like this.
  18. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Glad you like it. I think the honk is just the right amount of loudness to command attention without pissing people off.
  19. BKC

BKC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rox Risers. Had them on a Tiger. Just put them on the '13 S10. So awesome. I love it! Watched the Altrider video for the clutch and brake cable mod. Went to order their little mod kit for $5 but they wanted $21 shipping. And I live 70 miles from them. So, off to the hardware store for a $1 chunk of 3/16" ID fuel hose and an 85 cent clamp. No problems. Feels great!
    captchaos029 and smoothride like this.
  20. Super08

Super08 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I traded my 16 standard in for a 18 ES this month. I moved all my accessories from my 16 over to my 18 except for a couple things I listed at the end that I bought new for the 18.
    From the 16:
    Vstream tour shield
    Yamaha side deflectors
    Yamaha headlight protector
    Yamaha Worldcrosser skid plate
    Windshield brace arms
    Sargent and Saddlemen seats
    Piaa driving lights
    Altrider rear brake cylinder guard
    Altrider universal joint guard
    Altrider luggage rack (modified)
    Givi Outback panniers and top case (have both a 37l and 48l right side case) 37 liter cases on both sides in pictures
    Givi tool box mounted behind RH pannier
    Shock Sox
    Tomtom 400 GPS
    Techmount cell phone mount
    30mm risers (not sure if I am going to use them or not yet)

New for the 18:
    Altrider engine guards
    Fender extender
    Grip puppies (not yet on)
    Resin tank protector (still on the way from Italy)
    Tire pressure monitor system

IMG_3415.jpeg IMG_3417.jpeg IMG_3418.jpeg IMG_3415.jpeg IMG_3417.jpeg IMG_3418.jpeg IMG_2835.JPG
    Vrode, tdm900r, EVLED and 1 other person like this.