1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold Super Tenere ES shock spring adapters, Nashville, Tn

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by sblissner, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sblissner

sblissner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have for sale two sets of adapters that allow the owner of a Super Tenere ES, all years, to uprate the rear shock spring. This only applies to the ES models. I had extra sets made when I had a local machine shop make a set for my bike.

The adapters, one for the top of the shock and one for the bottom, allow you to purchase any 2.5 inch i.d. x 8 inch long coilover shock spring. Mine was an Eibach from Summit Racing. I went with the 550 lb./inch spring and at 250 pounds, my weight, the improvement was phenomenal. No more peg dragging in the corners nor worrying whether the bike would fall over when parked on the sidestand. ln this range the springs are also available in 500 and 600 lb./inch weights. In my estimation a 200 lb. or lighter rider would likely want to go with the 500 lb. spring, someone closer to 300 might opt for the 600 lb.. Installation took me under two hours, but does require a coil spring compressor.

Here is a link to the Super Tenere forum where this modification is discussed ad nauseum.

https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?threads/my-re-spring-of-the-s10-es-shock.17861/

Here is a link to the springs sold by Summit Racing, mine cost $65.00 plus tax and shipping.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...000-in+coilover-spring-rate-lbs-in:550-lbs-in

Price for the adapter set is $100.00 shipped lower 48. PayPal accepted, I cover the fees.

I have 2 sets.

Contact me via p.m.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. richarddacat

richarddacat No fruit in my cookies! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pictures aren’t showing for me.
  3. sblissner

sblissner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They're showing when I look. Anyone else not seeing them?
  4. sblissner

sblissner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If your interested I'lll email them. Pm me with email.
  5. sblissner

sblissner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    first set is sold on supertenere.com
  6. richarddacat

richarddacat No fruit in my cookies! Supporter

Oddometer:
    No sorry I’m not, I was just letting you know about the pics. It might be on my end. :dunno
  7. Bluuk

Bluuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll take the last one if it's still available.
  8. sblissner

sblissner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    both sets sold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.