Super Tenere Side Rack Question

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Senor Ramon, May 27, 2021.

1. Senor Ramon

Senor Ramon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just bought my new to me S10 2 weeks ago. I love it to pieces already.

I am itching to start touring with it and am looking for a decent and affordable solution to side luggage / Panniers and decided to purchase some soft luggage. I think to start the Tusk Pilot's from Rocky Mountain ATV would be a decent solution. However, they do not sell any side racks for the S10.

My question is, do any of you have suggestions for the side racks? Or for that matter, has anyone tried the Tusk Pilot's on their S10? How do you like it? What side rack are you using. Any alternatives that won't break the bank under $700 total (with a rack) Thank you.
  2. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have happy trails rack and hard panniers. During their winter sale, I paid well under $700 for all. Not on sale it looks like $750 or so depending on hard pannier size. The below is for racks and soft case with adapters for quick release. $5xx total free shipping. I dont know anything about the soft bags or adapters but it meets your price point.

Attached Files:

Senor Ramon likes this.
  3. Vrode

Vrode Still half-fast... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Med. Tusk panniers. I just bolted them to a set of quik-release racks from SW-Motech (I picked them up used). The racks come off/on easily.
    IMG_1890.JPG
    Senor Ramon likes this.
  4. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Senor Ramon likes this.
  5. Senor Ramon

Senor Ramon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like it. Your set up looks like something I could use. Since the Tusk panniers and soft bags are both affordable, I could probable purchase both and alternate between them depending on the mission. Thanks.
    Vrode likes this.
  6. Senor Ramon

Senor Ramon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you think the Tusk Soft Bags / Hard Panniers would work with the Happy Trails rack? Thank you.
  7. feltonjohn

feltonjohn feltonjohn

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Yamaha side boxes from my 2012 XTZ1200. The right side box is missing, but I have all of the mounting parts and the left side box. I replaced this set up with Jesse bags. You would have to use the lock cylinders that came with your bike, but all you would have to add would be a right side case. Anyone interested?

Attached Files: