Supertrapp IDS2 on '03 KTM Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by creeper, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Inquiring minds want to know....technical teaching what (as an ex hi-skrool shop teacher you caught my attention)? :freaky

CC
  2. dirtrider

dirtrider Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a big deal, just curious. When R-Dubb asked what you paid for your pipe, your exact words were "I'm a dealer". I spend a lot of time in the Seattle area and always visit the bike shops. I wasn't aware that you were an accessory dealer. The pipe looks great on your bike.

By the way, your bike is way too clean!
  3. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you, your dog, your friends and your friend’s dogs. :lol3

That was a poor excuse for a fair response to a fair question and I apologize to R-Dubb for being "vague", and to you as well dirtrider, for being a general A-hole.
    It’s clean because I’m a “anal retentive poser”… or so I’ve been told. :nod

Creeper
  4. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Creep,

I have no dog and no friends...and I'm likely better armed than you :hide

If I read between the lines I might have to assume you are a qualified technical anal retentive posing instructor.... :flip :flip :flip

CC
  5. dirtrider

Oddometer:
    Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I could keep my bike that clean, but with the on/off rain and snow showers, the muddy parking lot at the shop, the shit they spray on the streets to clear the ice, and my stubborness to ride it daily, I just can't!

But I respect you for being an anal retentive poser. Better a poser than a non rider!
  6. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Bingo! All of the above and then some.
    No one is better armed than Kitty of Death... or a harder target!

Creepier than almost anyone...
  7. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    This thread needs group therapy! :nod
  8. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Are you volunteering to lead us? Or, should we all just be banished to Jo Mamma as penance?

But not as creepy as Mack :nod
    Creeper
  9. dirtrider

Oddometer:
    Creepers therapy is getting his bike clean, my therapy is getting mine dirty. No extra therapy needed!

We could all work on a little group therapy in Ouray if Mack sees fit.
  10. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Considering we had strippers by the 12th post... I think this IDS2 install thread has gone quite nicely, don't you?

Creeped out
  11. dirtrider

Oddometer:
    It is amazing how we all get off track so easily. Strippers by the 12th reply? That doesn't surprise me when Loaded Again is on the board.

Getting back on track - the pipe install looks good. Did you make the carbon fiber air box cover or purchase it somewhere? Have you changed your jetting to compensate?
  12. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Thanks, all the side cover/jetting stuff is in the first post. So Back! Back I say! Closer to the strippers! :sweeti

Creeper
  13. dirtrider

Oddometer:
    MMMMM! Strippers!

Sorry, I got so far off track that I forgot you had listed the info. Thanks! Ever thought of marketing those carbon covers?
  14. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Nope, for what it costs me to make one, you can buy a factory one and have $5 left over. I tried to sell it for $35 on KTMtalk and got no takers.
    A C/F part you can't see or show off... nobody wants.

Creeper
  15. dirtrider

Oddometer:
    Understandable. I still give you an A for effort.
  16. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Carbon fiber, shmarbon fiber, can we get back to the strippers now??? :freaky

CC
  17. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Tisk tisk... the young man must have his poon! :killen
  18. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to post my install. Thanks for your advice creeper... Mine seems to have differed slightly in the bolt up section... See photos below - oh yeah, it is different as well in that my bike is not as clean as the creep's!

You will notice in this photos that for proper alignment my hanger is on the outside of the mounting tab as opposed to creep's. Creep suggested that I drill the tab as he did, but he also suggested to just hook up the springs and let the pipe dictate the install... I did that and it worked well, but differently...

[​IMG]

Back side
    [​IMG]

Rear alignment shot

[​IMG]

Full shot

[​IMG]

Still working on tuning it, more later if it differs significantly from Creep's... We do differ in that my bike has a differnt airbox set up and I am running ther FCR41 carb.

M
  19. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Still want to trade the FCR41 for my black plastic? I don't know... I really like my black plastic :lol3

Is it me, or do you need a new back tire? :eek1

The install looks good, as long as nothing is in a bind and the male/female spigot mount is pretty square, it should be fine. I imagine the difference in mounting is the "pre-muffler" on your bike.

As for tuning, slap in the number of discs that sound good to you, (not too loud now) and then jet for it.
    You did put that little "safety rivet" in didn't you :evil

And if you ever need replacement springs... Moose is one of the few companys that make 60mm springs... @ about 7 bucks a pair.

Creep
  20. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    I am in need of discs actually - does Supertrapp still make the discs for this Creep?

Tires, me?????? Been researching thread and was talking to KTMNate (went riding Thursday) about his... Will be replacing as soon as the decision is made as to which one... General specs are 50/50 tire - streetable enough for me to feel confident in the twisties here, but aggressive enough to work in the dirt. Can cost no more than a a single tire for my truck - if it does, it must be greater than 33" in diameter!

Considering haveing a pipe bent to replace the pre muffler.

Overall very happy with this pipe to date. As I took the stock can out of the garbage for photos for Meat I was amazed at the weight of it. This is a nice weight savings - I suppose I could drop a few pounds off my fat ass if I REALLY wanted to drop some weight huh?

M