Supertrapp IDS2 on '03 KTM Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by creeper, Jan 30, 2004.

1. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    KTiM,

If you have a line to Sommer, ask them what is wrong with just widening the hole under the snorkle about as much as the side airbox mod. But it sounds like I should open it a little more than that if you think the snorkle should come out too on my '03. I could always turn the snorkle around for that ram ain hood scoop effect!

creeper, I know I need to do some type of airbox mod before installing the pipe. And I guess I need to rejet, especially since I dont have the quiet core yet... (PASSMORE!!! wassup?) You really dont think opening up the passage under the snorkle is a good idea? I don't have the stuff for a side airbox cover mod and I can probably sneak a few carb jets under the radar of mrs. popsicle... but she is not really happy about the pipe to begin with. :D
  2. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    I'll make you a side cover.... will send 'er out next week. :thumb

Don't fuck with the snorkle, the mod is to be done with a high-flow exhaust like an Akra, and takes away some bottom end. :huh
  3. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    Damn Creep. You're not as big an A$$ H0le as everbody says you are!

Another option is the UNI filter plugs. They can be bought just about anywhere. Also allow you to "fine tune" your air flow....

That's what I did. I still have the OEM S'Trapp with 6 extra disks + rejet, but it's running pretty darn well over stock.
  4. BonneRocker

BonneRocker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went back to stock S'Trapp (12 discs total) after the SXC muffler lost rivets, and got blowed apart (nearly). The rivet holes were made oblong and I'm not sure if I could rebuild it unless I had giant rivets to cover the oval holes. Stock has no need to repack, sounds almost the same, can't really tell a difference in power. Stock is good....now I see the light, but dang, that thing is heavy!
  5. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Uh thumptastic, i pulled everything off my stock can so there were no discs or spark arrestor endcap (lookin right in eh!) and it sounded the same as with the stock setup or 15 discs and the endcap on... the restriction is in front of the discs - and many here have tried to gut the stock can in various ways. I cant imagine the SXC can is the same - the dB ratings are different to start with. But glad your stocker is workin for ya. Same to you velocibiker; BTW creepers side airbox mod is with unipods. :thumb did you miss that thread?

creeper, so which side the air enters the airbox makes a difference? man i have got lots to learn... i was told to leave the snorkle in but hog out the opening underneath it so that more air could flow thru it. but if there is a side cover out there for me then, what do those aussies say..., GOOD ON YA!

:thumb :thumb

now i am off to dig up the jet sizes again... no wait, i am at work... uh, off to "work" :D
  6. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Meat, I haven't spoken to the guys at Sommer for some time. I would guess that the positioning of the additional hole effects the air flow through the filter? Sorry I didn't make myself clear, the side cover and snorkelectomy are only for '03 and later with FCR and Akrapovic system, if you're sticking with the BST and an end pipe then just go for the side cover.
  7. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    So sayeth one... so sayeth us all. :pope
  8. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Hey Meat,

I can't find my sheet of CF plate :eek1 So unless I give you mine (not gona' happen) or use a different material (that could happen) I'll not be able to make you a cover as soon as I had thought. :cry

I'll let you know when I have something.

Creep
  9. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    I still have some prepreg nonwoven cf if you want it pm me your addy.
    I also have a spare cf airbox cover iffin anyone wants it. oval hole version no screen.
    it was a beta V.05 test piece :lol3
  10. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dag, but I'm just gona' yank the square holer off and play with the UNI pop-in version.
    So lucky meat gets the CF square holer... worked pretty good on my bike for the past year or so.

Anyone paying attention? Drifty is offering up a airbox side cover (no meat... you're already taken care of) for the low low price of... probably nothing. :deal

Drif... we will never be millionaires if we keep giving away the store. :dunno
  11. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Your getting this one meat...

[​IMG]
  12. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Meat -

Ya want it, ya can have it... I like it LOUD! I think Dino2000 and his pipe - Bojangles too are all bad influences on my addition to loud pipes...

Let me know how to get it to you, OK buddy?

M

13. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    First of all a big WOOT WOOT for creeper and PASSMORE for offering up da goods. :thumb :thumb :thumb (the third thumb is assymetrical :lol3 )

I'll take creeper's side airbox mod v1.0 anyday of the week! Thanks for the hand-me-down!

Now I wanna clear up one thing before we finally move on. The mod I posted above is not quite getting thru unmolested. What I was told is to NOT remove the snorkle, just hog out the opening underneath the snorkle. The snorkle STAYS IN!!! Now, does that make sense or not? I think this would let more air thru the snorkle...

:ear
  14. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Would you just get the freakin' snorkle out of your mind... please!

Side cover
    Muffler
    Rejet & slide hole drill-out

STOP!
  15. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    :cry
  16. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Get up... your not hurt.

The $1000.00 CF cover is in mail... (don't you touch that snorkle... I mean it, step away from the snorkle) :ace
  17. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    Ya big baby!

Now go to your room and no riding to you write "I will not touch the snorkel" 1000 times!!
  18. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    I will not touch my snorkle.

[​IMG]

:evil
  19. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Somebody is gona kick your ass for wasting bandwidth.
  20. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    your so modest...

:rolleyes