Suspension Bridge, Dirt Route & More (Chiang Mai, Thailand)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by zed cm, Mar 2, 2021.

1. zed cm

zed cm www.motogirlthailand.com

Oddometer:

Took a ride out to the fabulous 166-meter long suspension bridge at Mae Kuang Dam, (Chiang Mai, Thailand)

Back in 2016 I noticed a lot of construction work going on here at the dam. At that time my mode of transport was just my little 115cc Yamaha Fino, which meant it was a bit of a bumpy ride to get photos of the construction.

Fast-forward to recent times and the bridge is finally complete. However, the road is still a work in progress.

On my last trip (this time last year) the route was rutted dirt in sections and some large rocks, making it a much more bumpy ride. Now the route is compacted, making it more accessible to vehicles.

It's a wonderful place to visit with a great little cafe and eateries on the east side of the bridge. Location here: https://goo.gl/maps/LsFhKEfvu8rPnsju9

Hope you enjoy the video. Have a good week! :)
    North Thai Biker and Ks-Rydr like this.
  2. manshoon

manshoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another very Cool trip and video. It's a good thing you had your Macgyver skills all sharpened up for the Google Bike mast failure. Which leads me to my next question, can you link the mast brand/type and is it automatic raises and lowers by cell phone ? I think that makes your videos really stand out having a chase camera following you.