suspension tunning/customization in the GTA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TorontoDude, Mar 9, 2017.

1. TorontoDude

TorontoDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hello,

before I start doing random searches, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a GTA based shop or a tech that has a good track record of adjusting/tuning suspension. I cant do it myself (condo dweller).

While I assuming tuning is tuning, trying to find someone who might have more exposure to "non racing" bikes ?

looking for recommendations
  2. Highway Troll

Highway Troll Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pro 6 cycle on Kipling has a good suspension tuning reputation. They do lots of race bikes and lots of street bikes. I know it looks like a race only shop but proper suspension tuning guys can help with any bike. Ask if Ryan is still there, he has a ton of experience on everything with two wheels.
  3. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can second Pro 6 as a good moto shop, though they never did any suspension work for me.
  4. limey1

limey1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was just going to post about Accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn. Its a bit of a hike from the GTA, but I've talked to the owner at the supershow last year and he seemed like a decent dude.
  6. Ontario GS

Ontario GS Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer:
    John of Accelerated Technologies replaced the rocker arms on my 690 last fall. I was pleased with the service, both mechanics are very nice. A buddy has used him along on different equipment.
  7. TorontoDude

TorontoDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for all of your input. much appreciated
  8. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I have had excellent service and results from accel tech also.

I used SSS the second time for my KTM as they had an outstanding rep, but I wasn't as happy with the results. I'll be going back to accel tech in the future.

I have had good service from Pro6 also but not tuning - just rebuilding and maintenance.
  9. hellyhans

hellyhans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Depends on what kind of tune you need.
    If it's for off road riding or trails I wouldn't go into a shop that is specialized in road or race bikes since they don't see adv bikes very much and have no feedback from customers.

In my area we have a shop ''stadium suspension'' and these guys are pro's for tuning off road suspension
  10. hgwilliam

hgwilliam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone use Acclerated Tech for larger ADV bikes for tuning, valving, and springing?

Looking to take my 790 there and I’m interested to see if there is anyone with similar sized bike and happy with the work done (noticed a difference).

I’ve never had my suspension worked on so I’m a little hesitant to spend the $800 for revalving, respringing, and tuning to my riding.

Cheers!
  11. thwak

thwak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I used them for my 2012 R1200GS to lower and tune the ESA suspension. They are extremely knowledgeable, perform quality work with attention to every detail. The ride and handling improvement was amazing. Worth every cent I paid.
  12. hgwilliam

hgwilliam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You didn’t buy new suspension from Touratech or anyone right? Just tuned your existing stock and perhaps new valves and Springs?
  13. thwak

thwak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike had the BMW ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) system which is not serviceable. I wanted the bike lowered as well, which also requires shortening the centre and side stands. They did the complete package including providing a serviceable ESA.
  14. radmeister

radmeister Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    earlier this year, i had accelerated technologies install new shocks front and rear on my 2009 r1200rt. at the same time the bike was lowered. this is a very well run shop. they know what they are doing. i couldnt be happier with the results. i would not hesitate to use them again. i am in hamilton, ontario and they were a bit out of the way for me but the trips there and back were worth it.
  15. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Rob at Lang's offroad is certified tech with Enduro Engineering and trained with most types of suspension but specializes in non-street bikes.
    He has done work for both my Enduro and ADV bikes and it's been nothing but brilliant. Many many offroad riders use him racing in Ontario, and a LOT of adv guys have had work done at his shop. He runs a complete bike shop but specializes in offroad suspension.

https://langsoffroad.com/

I gave him my Tiger800 suspension and told him to turn it into a KTM1090. When it came back I traded bikes back and forth with a few KTM riders. They all agreed that they preferred the suspension on my Tiger after Rob had gone through it.