1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Suzuki TS Thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by wfopete, Oct 10, 2012.

1. JKady

JKady Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Manuals are pretty easy to come by on eBay, I picked up an FSM for my 125 for under $15 a couple weeks ago. Lots of good used and NOS parts on eBay as well. BikeBandit has a surprising selection of OEM parts too. As far as bearings and such go, they're all pretty standard parts that are dirt cheap from the usual bike parts suppliers.
  2. b56tc

b56tc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very encouraging, thanks!
  3. traffic.cones

traffic.cones Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So i finally got around to pulling the flywheel off. Besides the rust it looks like there is some marks on the shaft by the key. The key is stuck in there.

IMG_20190406_181605.jpg

IMG_20190406_181641.jpg
  4. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a teal colored TS185. We used to use it to mark trails so it was always weighed down with arrows,, staplers, chain saw. It always started and ran no matter how ,cold, muddy or wet it was. It would sit for an hour just idling along and sipped gas. That was in the 70s.... it is probably still running someplace! A great little bike perhaps the best of the TS series as it had the small frame but a pretty healthy engine. The TS250 Savage had a much heavier frame/chassis and not that much more engine.
    spo123 and Bucho like this.
  5. JKady

JKady Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found an NOS Torque pipe in eBay the other night, gotta relocate the oil tank and add a bracket but my 125's have matching pipes now. IMG_20190417_120303_906.jpg
  6. jtwest

jtwest Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer:
    I wondered if there was a TS thread. Would have been helpful to know in the past several years. I have been working on a 185 since 2015. Mostly got info from Suzukits.com. Some of the communication was difficult because most owners are from other countries that have different terms for parts and tools. Hopefully Ill have it running again soon..
    Bucho likes this.
  7. HMP

HMP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welp, I got it!

[​IMG]
  8. JKady

JKady Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rebuilt/relocated stuff to get the expansion chamber fully mounted and added a Preston Petty headlight, getting closer to returning to the dirt IMG_20190521_193312_889.jpg
    Navin, spo123, travlin and 1 other person like this.
  9. wfrpalm

wfrpalm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 1975 TS250 I am getting back on the road. All the hardware for the top mount on the exhaust pipe is missing but I can still get everything except the cushion ( 09320-12015 ). Can someone let me know the material this is made of and the dimensions and I will try to make something work. I have been trying to get this bike going for the last few years but something always gets in the way but I think this is the year.

Attached Files:

Scoozi and JKady like this.
  10. Beebernitz

Beebernitz Splatkat^ Shit I say> Supporter

Oddometer:
    ED5254F4-2AB5-438F-AF1C-191B896F3417.jpeg
    This TC 100 followed me home after sitting in an airplane hanger for 15 years. Just finished rebuilding the carb, fuel petcock and chasing down several missing parts. The original luggage rack, tail light assembly and front turn signals are missing. If it runs as strong as I’m told it should (1500 miles) I might return it back to factory setup. There is a local boneyard that has what’s needed, test for combustion tomorrow.
    aptbldr and lucky6600 like this.
  11. HMP

HMP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dumb question - is there a light in the speedo on these?
  12. Beebernitz

Oddometer:
    Hey HMP, I can speak for a 1975 TC or TS 100, there is a lamp for the speedo
  13. Beebernitz

Oddometer:
    Well shoot, the fuel petcock is leaking, new one ordered, and oil is leaking out of the oil drain plug. New fuel petcock, drain plug and crush washer on order. Will update once the parts arrive.
  14. HMP

HMP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bulb - thank you! Any info on it or how to fix/replace?

Having another issue too - there is no high beam. If I switch to high it just shuts off.
  15. Beebernitz

Oddometer:
    HMP,
    Does the High Beam indicator illuminate? It could be a bad bulb with the high beam element burned out. Could be the switch as well.
  16. HMP

HMP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, the indicator does not come on.
    Youre right, might be the switch.
  17. Tuff Tunica

Tuff Tunica Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

18. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    20190921_104252.jpg

My TS100 is 2nd from the end on top of Mt. Hamilton.
  19. Kayak Dancer

Kayak Dancer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is my TS/TM story. In 1974 after I retired from racing, I bought a used TS-400 and a TM-400. I swapped engines. Sold the TS-framed one. Tricked out the suspension, installed 4 gallon plastic translucent tank, rear rack, bars, enduro lighting and shipped it to California. I flew out, picked up the bike, pushed it to a gas station and filled up. Rode across the border into Mexico and did the Baja. (1126 miles) Except for a momentary seizure (after crossing a dry lake bed at speed) It performed flawlessly.
    JKady and Bucho like this.
  20. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #103 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve been playing with TS185’s for about 40 years, but here is my current project. It’s a ‘71 model (my favorite) that now displaces 220cc thanks to a 70mm piston from a Kawasaki Intruder snowmobile. I have ridden it this way for several years, and just started another attempt to make her even faster. Freshened up the top end with a new Wiseco piston, decked the bottom of the jug 1mm to lower the exhaust and transfer ports (new piston has a 1.5mm lower crown), and top of liner trimmed back 0.5mm to keep compression. Net effect is to raise the exhaust port 0.5mm. Reshaped the squish band to match 70mm bore and help with detonation on 91 octane too.
    View attachment 1934611

Found an old Hooker pipe on eBay
    View attachment 1934613

Then discovered that the intake port was 28mm, yet the carb was only 24mm. Made a couple studs that go around corners and whittled out an intake manifold adaptor on the CNC mill at work.
    View attachment 1934616
    View attachment 1934617
    View attachment 1934620

Next step is to finish up this expansion chamber I designed and test it against the Hooker.
    View attachment 1934622
    View attachment 1934623
    View attachment 1934624

View attachment 1934747

I also have a TM250 ignition box that I’ll try as well. She pulled pretty hard before and would hang with bigger bikes all day long, but I’m hoping for a bit more this time. Eventually I’ll probably blow it up and put a 185 jug back on it...
    ScottMalv, ausfahrt and aptbldr like this.