Suzuki TS Thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by wfopete, Oct 10, 2012.

1. zone47

zone47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's good info, I'll check it out, thanks.
  2. RockyRue

RockyRue Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since I have a fully functional 1974 TC185 in the garage, let me know if you need any info from the bike directly.
    It even has, "A BUTTON"
    That works
    Pezz_gs, zone47 and Dualsport4ever like this.
  3. zone47

zone47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks,
    I guess a lot of it might be unknown. I'm betting your magneto output is 12V instead of 6, so not sure if I could find one of those anywhere. It might be helpful to know a part number of your 12V regulator and PEI module. I don't know if I could find any NOS items like that or not, but the info would be good because maybe there is some aftermarket items that would work. Thanks again if it's not too much hassle.
  4. MonotoneCulprit

MonotoneCulprit Long Time License Holder, First Time Rider

Oddometer:
    Just got a 76 TS125 largely original. Tires are original and cracked to holy hell. What are the suggestions for new tires for this bike? The rear tire size seems fairly uncommon and really thin.

Also should I try to convert to tubeless or stay tubed? I want to ride this 50/50, but I'm in CT so it's more likely this will be 90/10 or 80/20 in favor of street riding.
  5. zone47

zone47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Probably most modern dual sport tires will work. A 100/90-18 should be slightly wider but in the ballpark. If you want to beef it up by taller and wider, try a 110/90-18. I think with those rims you'll have to stay with tubes.
  6. MonotoneCulprit

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ideas. That helps a lot. Ran into another fun issue while working on the bike. The fuel tank leaks quite a lot. Anyone know an aftermarket tank that fits this thing or should I try to find NOS stuff?
  7. chardog1971

chardog1971 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was putting my 81 ts 185 back together for a classic car show in our town only to find a pin hole in my gas tank.
    Has anyone welded this sort of thing? Or is there some type of epoxy that doesnt break down due to gas exposure?
  8. moymurfs

moymurfs Truth has become unacceptable.

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread..
    Brings back memories! My 1st bike was a brand new 1985 TS185 in that "Richard Petty blue" looking color.
    slideways likes this.
  9. MonotoneCulprit

Oddometer:
    Well I bought an aftermarket fuel tank for the '76 and the tunnel is wayyyyyyyy too wide anything I can do to fill the space or should I just send it back and rebuy something with a thinner tunnel?

Could have swore I measured before I bought this thing, but apparently I didn't measure it all that well.
  10. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    Got a link or a picture of that tank?

Im building a GT200X5 twin into a dual sport and need a tank with wide tunnel.

[​IMG]
    LWC3077 likes this.