Sw motech topcase on GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by monolithic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. monolithic

monolithic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, I got a great deal on the sw motech TRAX adv top case kit...but it’s for a GS I have a GSA. Can someone send a pic of the bracket needed to attach the alu. Rack to the bike?

Thanks in advance
  2. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll bet that with a little ingenuity you could figure out a way to mount the plate (without the GS Specific component) to your tubular rack. I used Anchor stainless steel cushion clamps like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Ancor-403752...argid=aud-801657747996:pla-382123643187&psc=1

to mount a Krauser universal mounting plate to the rack on my Adventure for a K45 top case. Get good ones though and keep an eye on them for awhile. I have had one fail on a previous bike. Let me know if you need some pictures of mine and I'll post tomorrow.
  3. lewisjr1

lewisjr1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Via Google
    Manufacturer # GPT.07.782.19000/B
  4. monolithic

monolithic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I have more money than brains...(not much either way) bought the sw lowering kit & an “adventure” rack for a GSA ... mounted the top box and am left with the GS parts as a parting gift :)

Thanks for the offer though CPAllen!

As good as the adv gear is, I’m a bit surprised at the amount of plastic in the locking area...but aside from that, SW Motech makes amazing stuff
    SW-MOTECH NA likes this.
  5. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey @monolithic -- thanks for the nice words about our stuff! We really like hearing that riders like our products! Enjoy your ride.

The Red Bull Team of SW Motech NA