Sweatfest III - 17-20 June, Blackwater

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Mugwest, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Almost :D
  2. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Vic! Looks like y'all did reach the canyon!

Great video in post #626! Very cool! Whatta ride y'all did!

:clap
  3. KimPossible

KimPossible XT Diver!:)

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great time was had by all!:clap Thank you for sharing everyone. Nice to see familiar faces and new mixing it up.:nortonThose pics show a lot of trailers, so we should have drove up. Maybe we could have bummed a space in one of those trailers!!:evil Kept cool for sure.:nod
  4. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    We made it home, Angel Eyes and I are enjoying some leftover chicken From Kevin's thunderstorm feast. I read all the new posts, but I am nowhere near matching all the screen names to everyone who was there. We'll post some pics later.
  5. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt More or less in line

Oddometer:

I'm waiting for the Mini Ride Report:clap
  6. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1...:lol3
  7. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

:lurk
  8. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    And the Dr.Z ride report! Still waiting...:bubba
  9. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

I didn't take that many pics but I'll upload what I have namorrow! :nod
  10. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    minis camper.jpg

Mini parking his new ride
  11. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    When it's that good, you only need one pic.
  12. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    How bout 2?

Helped Mini load the 3-rail Sunday and was overcome with the sheer Kavorka power of his rig's custom aft-end Art :oscar

[​IMG]

That cougar surely fits Brian's aggressive in-your-face style, yeah? :poser
  13. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Prologue
    The past few weeks have been a flurry of activity to prepare for this trip.
    [​IMG]
    We brought this 24' Trek home on the 6th of June and spent two weeks cleaning, stocking and learning how to operate it. We also just bought the XT225 last month and I had to clean, brush and clip the nails of Angel Eyes before he would be allowed in our new home.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The 1971 3-rail Holsclaw hasn't moved in 10 years. I upgraded to 12" wheels, replaced one bearing, cleaned and greased the other and touched up the wiring. I discovered, almost too late, that the RV was wired for a 4-wire system with separate brake and turn signal inputs and I couldn't figure out how to adapt it. I ended up just soldering in extra bulbs, stuffing it into the light housing and running an additional wire to the front.

[​IMG]
    By klatubaradanikto at 2010-06-23
    We left Thursday after work and I was pleased that we got on the road before 7:00pm. We were in a crunch to make it to our destination for the evening before they closed up at 10:00. It was the first time Rita had ridden in the thing.

[​IMG]
    This is at the Town Creek Campground site on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway near West Point, MS. I guess these places are operted by the Army Corps of engineers. The site was very nice.

[​IMG]
    We arrived at the SFIII site later than I would have liked. Some of the guys were just heading out for an afternoon ride. Next time I will do better to get there earlier Friday or late Thursday.

I can back the trailer down a road or driveway watching it in the rear view camera, but there was no reference in the field and I was all over the place. We had to unload the bikes and trailer first, then set up camp, then start drinking and meeting all the new people.

My little Cannon camera is broken so I didn't take as many pictures as I normally do. Apparently I didn't take any on Friday.
  14. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Saturday
    I made up my mind that I wouldn't get up early and do the Hot Shoe ride and instead ride with Rita. A few minutes after I went to bed, Tony was knocking on my door warning me that they were leaving in something less than 20 minutes. It was 6:30 or so and I could tell that it would be a while before Rita was up so I decided to go after all. We filled up my 400 with oil and I got it kicked off for him, went back and suited up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Robbie was waiting for the group on the road to get started.

[​IMG]
    We had 14 or 15 riders depending on who was doing the counting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]
    He somehow survived hitting this culvert at speed, but the bike wouldn't re-start without being disassembled down to the crank. Good thing no one was in a hurry.

[​IMG]
    Gas was stashed at someone's house near the halfway point and we made use of their garden hose as well. I had drinken nearly 3 liters of water in the first 60 or so miles. The beer may have had some influence there.
  15. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:poser :poser
  16. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    :jack

I'm laughing so hard I nearly pissed myself
  17. r_bin

r_bin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:clap
  19. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Tony looking good on Orange.

[​IMG]
    Dalas and his bike take a little break.

[​IMG]
    "I WANT YOU"
    To hurry the hell up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thanks to Barney for letting me ride this long enough to know I don't want one. I think it took me about 2 miles, he deserves a medal for toughing it out for the whole trip.

[​IMG]
    When we got back, I finally got Rita out of the kitchen and on her motorcycle. We did great for a while, but I screwed up our route and got us lost in a bunch of dead-end trails which nearly killed us both.

[​IMG]
    Night Falls and Jerry is on the scene.

[​IMG]
    I think he is actully leaving at this point which means this is after the monster thunderstorm that chased everyone back to their shelters. That's Single Track Jeff's wife in the background. She rode up on a big touring scooter.

[​IMG]
    It actually cooled off enough to get the fire going after the rain.

[​IMG]
    Note that there are plenty of empty chairs.

[​IMG]
    We had to make up for a lot of missed campfire time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "I rode this far today"
  20. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Here's a few of the pics I took...

Lots of good food was served up at the event (along with a couple of dump cakes)... :dg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kevin's Kamp Kitchen set up...

[​IMG]

Some of the FFs that camped out in tents... It was fookin hot and I think Kelly was attacked by killer zombie ants in the middle of the night. :eek1

[​IMG]

Did anyone notice that we were using the ladies room the whole weekend? No wonder it smelled good in there (right up until I broke it in :augie).

[​IMG]

Friday morning we get suited up to go for a ride and I find out the shifter on my KDX is loose. Upon closer inspection, this is what I find...

[​IMG]

Yep, it was loose because it was cracked! :baldy I didn't have a spare with me so my choices were to have it welded or see if I could get a replacement. A few brews were consumed while figuring out WTF to do in this situation (I'm pretty sure it was beer thirty :nod). I got a lead on a welder close but it would be a few hours before they could get to it. I read on the forum that Treeman (Mark) was getting ready to come over to the event so I spoke with him and he told me that his buddy would let me borrow the lever from his bike. :clap Thanks mang! I waited until Mark arrived in the afternoon, bolted the lever on my bike, and took a ride with a few FFs. :ricky I didn't take but 3 pics of the ride. :cry

Here's one prior to the start of the ride... Joey getting his bike used to the crash position! :lol3

[​IMG]

Here's a KTM & the KDX swallowed by an innocent looking mudhole. It didn't matter what line you took through that hole, all of it was deeeep. :deal

[​IMG]

Here's a closer look...

[​IMG]

It took 2 of us several minutes to get that bike out of that hole. After that, we realized there was a go around that the other riders discovered. :bluduh

We continued on our ride after the mud hole and a few of the riders broke off and headed to camp. The rest of us continued to ride some of the forest roads for about another hour before heading back to camp. Upon entering the campground, I hyper-extended my left knee so I didn't do too much riding the rest of the weekend. :cry The knee swelled up and hurt quite a bit. I missed the "Hot Shoe" ride and many other good rides but that's the way it goes sometimes.

BTW, the swelling is down and the knee feels good right now but I don't think I'll be riding for a few weeks.

That's all I have. I had a great time even with all the issues I encountered. Good peeps + Good food + Cold beer = Good times. :wink: