Sweatfest III - 17-20 June, Blackwater

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Mugwest, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:

:rofl

He got ya on that one Pete!!!:topes

Mini-
    Thanks for the pics and great "comments"
  2. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Mini and Dr.Z!

The raw bacon looks :eek1!

Sorry to hear about the knee and the shifter. Try to get a steel one, should last longer (shifter, not knee:evil).

Mini, that is one hell of a rig man. No need for that trailer, just park the bikes inside of it. :lol3
  3. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Saturday afternoon it rained a bit and dumped a bunch of it in my tent soaking all my stuff. Eloy was kind enough to offer to let me crash in the camper he and Phil were in, but I wound up sleeping in my tent straight on my thermarest. I got up Sunday morning put on wet clothes and was ready for a ride
  4. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    SUNDAY
    Mike calls at dawn to let us know he is on the way. 4 hours later he arrives and after some good talk we set off for Relaxation Canyon.
    [​IMG]
    Unforutunately the road was closed so I had to rely on these stock photos from an earlier visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Those little peaks intrigue me. There is a pebble at the top of each one. I guess the pebble keeps the sand from eroding directly underneath it until one day it doesn't and the process starts over again. The bigger the pebble, the taller the pile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    English Mike doesn't quite have the salute down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think that sign means that this is not a men's room.

[​IMG]
    At the "Give me Five" spot. We were hoping it was like a little redneck Brigadoon and they would appear from the river.

[​IMG]
    Mug's "Secret Garden" in Hutton Unit.

We got some ice cream and headed back to camp where Rita had cooked us some ribs and even made a sallad. Then we had to load up.

[​IMG]
    Angel eyes cools off in the ice dumped from Buz'z' cooler.

[​IMG]

Many thnks to everyone who put in all the work to allow me to show up, park my rig and ride. Especially KEvin and whoever was responsible for the burgers Friday and Eloy for the dessert. Pete for the shitter, Mike for planning, Tony for the land Robbie for the ride everyone who let me ride a bike, mowed or moved gas cans. My biggest regret was not getting there sooner and riding more and not getting Rita out more.
  5. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    The RV is not as big as it looks from the front and back, it's only 24'. If you look again at the interior pic, there is no bed, just kitchen and bathroom. It is tall and wide still.
  6. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Great stuff mini!

Yeah I guess he did Vic. I did go on a nice ride with woods rider and gang friday morning and learned a little bit about single track. Thanks Rick!

Saturday was fits and starts for me because I was staying behind to meet someone who ended up not being able to make it - not to mention fighting with that blinkity-blink generator of mine.

No biggie - I at least was able to ride around the local blacktop, find inepts biff log, and take another dip in the swimmin hole! :clap
  7. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Epilogue
    [​IMG]
    We went to Fort Pickens state park to spend the night. This armadillo blundered through the campsight driving Angel Eyes crazy.

[​IMG]
    They put the power hookups 4 feet behind the pads so I had to back the trailer over the parking brick to get close enough to use the electricity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We used to vacation in this park when we lived in New Orleans and came back a couple of times after we moved to Memphis. The last time was probably around 1988. I can't believe every single Pine tree is gone.

We spent an hour or so walking down to the office to check in not realizing how far away it was. There were people there for the cleanup, but I never saw anyone doing much.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These vans are rentals from Florida and North Carolina, but I didn't see the people they were transporting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We did see them putting up this boom in on the bay side and there were some people apparenty setting up food service for the workers, but again, we didn't see the workers.

[​IMG]
    I wanted to do cheesy shots on the gun, but the sign stays stay off.

[​IMG]
    So we settled for the traditional family shot.

[​IMG]
    the beaches looked absolutely perfect.

[​IMG]
    No Tar.

[​IMG]
    Emerald water.

[​IMG]
    Kids playing.

[​IMG]
    No Smell.

[​IMG]
    I hope it is still like this when we come back in July. By the way, the State Park costs $8/car and is a bargain. The parking is right next to the beach and it wasn't crowded at all (it was Monday morning).

[​IMG]
    The end.
  8. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Nice pic-spread Brian. The area you visited/photographed got much oil this AM
  9. Duffer68

Duffer68 2shilling'n'6pence

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks, for a great weekend. It was awesome to meet you and I look forward to seeing all again at the next event, even if I did learn about the 15 min rule the hard way. So many good photos posted made it seem less annoying that I forgot my camera. One of Brians is now my desktop background.
    Again, cheers Lads.:clap
  10. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:

Mine too:evil

[​IMG]
  11. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    From the bulge in her/his? rear, "it" appears to be "packin some junk" :lol3
    Perhaps more of Minitrails photoshop handy work?

Mike, it was good to meet ya and glad you could make it over.
  12. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Oh I get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think :brow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zoSiKpqvD9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zoSiKpqvD9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Am I right?
  13. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:

:nod

[​IMG]
  14. Madhouse

Oddometer:

non sequitur :lol3

At last, we may have a Icon for SF III
  15. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    OK - just a boring link to all the pictures and videos I have from SFIII (some of the pix I copped from this thread - obviously) - the videos? Well they sorta suck 'cause it's all around the campsite stuff with no real "action" and my annoying voice accompanying them.

SO, likeIsaid... if you are bored - heres some vids and stuff...(btw - y'all know that the dragstrip was only about 800 yards down the road so that's why the no gear thing)...

BTW - the lame vids are up top (- like you couldn't tell... :lol3 )

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/cbt4u2/SweatFest%202010/?start=all
  16. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Pete! Enjoyed, thanks for posting.

I did have a good time. These things are growing.
  17. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Did anybody see SDH @ SFIII? :ear

Mebbe he was out riding with Mug? :dunno
  18. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    :augie
  19. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I think you did a great job of capturing the essence of the event. I really liked the first, lonely "Blair Witch" videos.

SDH was probably distracted by the shirtless, helmetless, extended swingarm Busa contingent headed for the track.
  20. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    well i got my pos generator back from the toothless guy's small engine repair shop... they fixed the busted pull cord and found that the on/off switch had a faulty wire connection. its all good now.

no wonder that sumbitch wouldn't start...

now off to craigslist to find a deal on a honda unit like brett is sporting...