1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Swinging Bridges 2020 (MO)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by doniton2, Feb 6, 2020.

1. solo650

solo650 '17 vstrom 650 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will be my 3Rd time! Mud holes are optional!!! You'll be fine on a vstrom. Ill be on a 'Strom650, as will several others!
    Vstroms..Triumph Tigers..AfricaTwins.. bigger bikes just ride alittle slower! Appropriate tires for sure!
  2. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri I'm fast but I ain't no BigDog!!!

Oddometer:
    John-
    Don't take Sieg on a pre- ride unless I am there to assist.:D:D:D
    We will also need BigDog to come along and check the stream flow for safety.

Nice of you to take this on.
    Thank you-
    CRHaden, shakezula and doniton2 like this.
  3. Juicefer

Juicefer Dual Sport Adventure at every turn.

Oddometer:
    Aspen and I will be there again this year, maybe few more if I can get em moving. Hoping for another great ride!!!
    DMCaton and g steezy like this.
  4. DRMitch

DRMitch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for... 6 or 8 this year :)
  5. TigerTenere

TigerTenere n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting to do this for a few years, and my schedule's lining up- I'm excited! will bring a buddy or two. I'm on a Super Tenere, a buddy will be on a KLR, and a vstrom.
    we'll have to knuckle under and figure out that gps stuff, I guess...
  6. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plenty of GPS qualified riders that you can run with..........if you buy beer or fix flats.
    DMCaton, doniton2, JonnyH913 and 2 others like this.
  7. Stujiro

Stujiro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody from the Chicago area thinking of making the trek down?
  8. solo650

Oddometer:
    Plenty of free GPS Apps, Download the ride file to your phone, and practice!
    It can get confusing. At least for ME, I still miss turns occasionally :nod. Or often!
    Depending on who you ask!
    JonnyH913 and TigerTenere like this.
  9. awarren

awarren Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tracks are just for reference. Lost track how many times I get on a nice curvy road, look down, and realize I missed a turn. Turn around, get back on the track only to do it again later.:ricky
    doniton2, solo650 and JonnyH913 like this.
  10. NjoyRidn

NjoyRidn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be there. My last time was 2017. Looking forward to another great ride!
  11. HerbTarlek

HerbTarlek meh.

Oddometer:
    Finally stopped procrastinating this year and just booked my hotel rooms. I’ve been trying to make this ride the last 5 years.
    I’ll be on a Tiger 800 roadie looking for other bigger bikes to ride with.
    CRHaden and solo650 like this.
  12. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well this band of merry men is growing by the day. I am hoping to hit some of the route, can't ever seem to run all of it. Seeing it as home turf now that I am out of the STL .
    Thanks to everyone for the friendly attitudes out there and help to any rider in need.
    P5031108.JPG
    P5020063.JPG DSC_0329.JPG
  13. DMCaton

DMCaton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tentatively in again this year!
  14. Tim-from-STL

Tim-from-STL Racing Stop-sign to Stop-Sign

Oddometer:
    I am interested, but I have never done any group riding. I love riding, I love off-road, and I love camping. I'm not always the biggest fan of crowds, though. How many people usually join these sorts of rides?

It's looking like at least 20, if not 30 people will be there this year. I can imagine a group of 30 on Harleys down the wide-open interstate. But are there any issues with 30 ADV bikes on quiet gravel roads and stream crossings? Or pulling up to the same church lunch? It just doesn't seem like it would be too relaxing at first thought, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Can anybody offer any perspective to a reclusive solo rider such as myself?
  15. vfrpilot

vfrpilot Stress Relief Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    The amount of riders that show up could be as many as 40-50. But that does not mean that there will be a group of 50 riding together. There will be numerous groups riding. Some single, average size is probably 3-4, and could be one or two groups as big as 7-10. Do whatever suits you. Personally when a group gets bigger than four, I'm out. Ride at your own comfort level and pace.
    doniton2, Critic, g steezy and 3 others like this.
  16. awarren

awarren Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    No worries. When tracks are provided for these types of rides, it means ride your own ride, it just so happens there will be 50 other people either in front of you or behind. If you want to ride alone, do it, or make some new friends and ride with as small or as large of group you are comfortable with. The only time there is a large group gathered is the beginning and end, or sometimes lunch. The only other times I run see a large gathering is when someone drowns their bike in a water crossing and the rest stop to laugh, I mean help out .:D
  17. solo650

Oddometer:
    Reservations made for St.Roberts!!

Tim-from-STL, no expectations on these rides.
    Just be Safe and Enjoy the :ricky !!
  18. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    The groups are small and spread over a 4 hour start window, many get lost, take other roads, take long cuts and short cuts, so you can ride over 200 miles in 10 hours and only see a few of the others. And if you want to socialize just hang out at the start or finish motels. If you want to just ride and talk to no one, or anything in between.just do it. It is relaxing. Just ride your ride, pass people or be passed, ain't no Harley pirate parade where all those rugged individuals have do do the exact same thing for the sake of peer pressure.
    The church loves us showing up, big income boost, and they can seat hundreds. There's a little bar down the street that has a great tenderloin sandwich if you don't like crowds.
    Critic, CRHaden and g steezy like this.
  19. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    Like most rides, half the people that say they are going to be there won’t show up.
    stlskybob, Critic and sieg like this.
  20. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What Happen to the More the Merryier??? Dont guess Tim from Stl has been to a Cardinal game....NOW thats a Crowd