Sydney to London on a105cc Honda callled Dot

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nathanthepostman, May 4, 2009.

1. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well this is an amazing display of Nationalism. Fan hats, thumb wagging, foot stamping, stern face, flag lowering , a brief hand shake and slamming of the gate closed.

Thanks for posting.

:clap
  2. ramblin66

ramblin66 HappyHappyJoyJoy

Oddometer:
    I'm racking my brain hoping I can't come up with a similarly embarrassing, third-world-style, military display performed by my country.

Foot stomping, thumb pointing, gate-slamming.. I suppose it's better than actual gunfire.. and it's definitely an entertaining spectacle.. But not one I'd be proud to hang my flag on... :lol3
  3. RiderX

RiderX Thar be Tigers in Idaho!

Oddometer:
    For the life of me this video reminds me of an episode of Planet Earth and the displays of rainforest birds puffing themselves up and prancing around trying to attract a mate. You certainly get the impression that these gentlemen are trying to convince someone that "mine's bigger than yours."
  4. Moto One

Moto One Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's it.

I knew I had seen that display some where.

Birds.

Mark.
  5. flrbrddrggr

flrbrddrggr newbie but not new

Oddometer:
    I'm late.... but I'm IN!:rayof

-Dwain
  6. xroad

xroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If there is ever a sports game these two countries will compete with each other, remind everyone to not let them share a locker room and definitely not share a shower area. All that display of nationalism got me a bit worry.
  7. WOXOF

WOXOF Just wander'n

Oddometer:
    I find it very interesting and a cool ceremony.
    Even with all their posturing and nationalism, they are working together in unison during this border closing ceremony.
  8. c4v3man

c4v3man Guns +Gas +Oil = Fun day!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting again Postman... I would say that I hope the road is smooth and your travels are trouble free, but where would the adventure be in that? I tell everyone who talks to me regarding motorcycling about your journey. Godspeed.
  9. tracyprier

tracyprier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You are ALL wrong... it's the...

Monty Python Department Of Silly Walks, Asia Bureau :)

cheers
    Tracy
  10. Dr. Zombo

Dr. Zombo I need a bike ...

Oddometer:
    My thoughts exactly!:rofl
  11. pdedse

pdedse paraelamigosincero

Oddometer:
    Border video: coolest clip I've seen lately...well, except those of the postman, naturally.
  12. SpitfireTriple

SpitfireTriple Seek Truth

Oddometer:
    It makes you wonder how the Indians and Pakistanis got started on all this. Bit off-topic but...<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7brD0YO0PAg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
    Civvies will think this a ridiculous parody of a British Army Drill Instructor. How little they know...
  13. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Nate,
    did you put some research into that? Following last year's war, it might not be easy or even possible to cross from Russia into Georgia. I saw some ride reports where riders opted to take a ferry from the Krim to Turkey, bypassing Georgia.

Awesome ride, awesome report, keep it up and the rubber side down!

And thanks a LOT for sharing.
  14. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    So, I am still back on page 34, you have just decided to ride and refunded your train ticket...

I admire your courage and perserveriance... do carry on... I am enjoying this report very much and have shared it with a few of my likeminded adventurers.

Thank you for sharing. I hope the shirts come in XXXL as I can fill one of those out quite nicely.

I am going back to page 34 to catch up... as soon as I can
  15. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Speaking of T-Shirts...... did anyone got theirs yet? :ear I placed my order a while ago.....:D
  16. FES

FES Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But I like it!

Subscribed :deal

And yeah, who says you need a fancy bike to enjoy an adventure? the adventure it's in you not in the bike!

Cheers mate!
  17. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mmm, t-shirts should be sent my now I would imagine. Let me email them and see what's happening.

All good in Pakistan, nice place in fact. Order, normality, traffic police, speed cameras, mini marts at servos, good roads, internet at servos, hamburgers, hot chips, ants the size of your thumb, no horns, no stares, a breath of fresh air.

Me and Dot quite like it.

Though best not get used to it. China entry confirmed.
  18. Tompound

Tompound M.M.S. Tommy

Oddometer:
    Don't let Dot read that! You know how a women can get :amazon :annie :fight :ddog
  19. bettingpython

bettingpython Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking the time to check on that Nate, glad your back, looking forward to a photo of Dot in front of pyramids.
  20. MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hi Nate,

I've been following along for a while now, enjoying your adventure.

By the way, with that shave, haircut, and improved video skills, you look just like Michael Palin! Where was Dot?

Cheers!