Sydney Watagans Ride 10/07

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ADVJake, Jun 15, 2005.

1. rubbercow80

rubbercow80 Confused & Disorientated

Oddometer:
    The Pub at Moonan is never cold and there is a camping area just across the river. We will probably do a ride up there on the 30/31 for their annual Xmas in july get together. A bit of "back way touring" and lots of options for the ride home. We camped at the back of the pub last year and got into a bit of trouble with the publican in the morning......but it snowed overnight and got to ride up to the dog fence in 6 inches of snow. Tops. there were fourbies bogged everywhere.
  2. rubbercow80

Oddometer:
    I see Big Greg is organising a weekend on the 23/24 via his touring group if anybody is interested. You need to book with him via a flyer here http://www.clubman.org.au/media/moonan.doc

I can't make it that weekend so will still be heading up on the 29/30depending on interest.
  3. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
    I hope you guys had a ball. I was crook the night before and didn't get time to change tires. got up at 6am Sunday to change 'em, it was blowing a gale and pouring down so I went back to bed.
  4. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
    I'll be coming back from Armidale on the 29th, If some of you guys are there I might stop there for the night too. Does the camping area have a lot of trees ? I just bought a hennessy hammock today and am keen to try it out in the bush.
  5. LeLievre Down Under

LeLievre Down Under Le Lievre DownUnder

Oddometer:
    Possibly a little bit too tame for you pig riders but the BMW Touring Club is hosting a rally at Cundle Flat Farm (50kms NE of Gloucester) to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the GS - should be an example of just about every model released. Slap up dinner on Saturday \\

Details on the club web site if interested.
    http://www.bmwtcnsw.org/
    See you at Singleton Yautja - sounds like a few good stories from the Watagan expereince - best off road riding close to Sydney - think about the Wollemi too ......that's even better

Andrew
  6. rubbercow80

Oddometer:
    Glad for anyone to drop in at the Victoria Hotel on the Saturday night. We won't be leaving Maitland till about 2.30 and won't be up there until later in the evening. There may only be a couple of us but it is quality not quantity that counts. I know this is the weekend of the 4day enduro around Wyong but i am hoping to have a look at that during the week before the crowds come out to play...