Tajikistan Or Bust! Solo trip from England to the Afghanistan border via Chechnya

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by WesleyDRZ400, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good question!! Maybe he did not keep up a photo account? From following this report, it looks like Wesley works on offshore oil platforms for weeks at a time, so maybe he's been on back-to-back contracts and hasn't had time to get back to this report. I for one hope he returns, because I've picked up hints in other reports from the same area and time that some big stuff happens.
  2. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was wondering the same - did the account get deleted? :( Was just fixing to send this to a friend for them to check out.
  3. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just had to bump this back up to the top of the list in the hopes that it will attract enough attention that the OP will continue it. It was a great report. And we haven't even gotten to the romance part yet!!!

Fast forward to Feb 3, 2016! Wesley, how the heck are ya? I was thinking that with the global oil glut you might have had more downtime from the rigs and be able to continue your amazing story!
    WimDH likes this.
  4. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump....in the hopes the OP will see this and continue!
  5. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Yeah, this was a good one..would like to know more and hope he is safe.
  6. Pickup man

Pickup man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loved this report, very bizarre how all the photos are gone. Hope Wes comes back soon.
  7. poolman

poolman Gnarly Poolside Adv. Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 on the great report.

Unfortunately it seems his posts have been deleted, not just a photo hosting issue :baldy
  8. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My bad, fellow inmates! I did not know that the OP's posts had been deleted when I bumped this. I would have sworn that it was just the photos, due to the transition to the new platform. This WAS an awesome ride report, and I believe there was some amazing stuff still to come. I say that based on references in another ride report, that discussed crossing paths with Wesley and mentioned a couple of things. I hope Wesley is okay, as I'm sure we all do, and respect his decision to take this story down, and am thankful I was able to read it when it was up.
    Don T likes this.
  9. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, MICN

Oddometer:
    This was an awesome RR. Safe travels Wesley.

Tahoe
  10. tea

tea Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Using my internet detective skills I have determined that Wesley is happily married and looking for a new bike.

-- Sherlock tea; internet detective first class.
  11. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    LOL
  12. riverflow

riverflow Half Built

Oddometer:
    You can only have one of the two, right?
  13. tea

tea Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Dutchgit

Dutchgit Completely clogless

Oddometer:
    Nope. These two are a combo of dreams come true.

[​IMG]
  15. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, Sherlock Tea.....you hit the nail on the head. I was looking forward to hearing Wesley's story of how he ended up married to a woman from the Pamir. The other report I mentioned featured a photo of the wedding! Your task, Sherlock Tea is to find that report and the photo! Unfortunately I can't remember the author's name, but it wasn't TeeBee or Walter or anyone from their amazing crew. If you or any member of your team is captured or killed the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of you or your mission. Good luck, Mr. Tea. :D
  16. tea

tea Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. WesleyDRZ400

WesleyDRZ400 Adventurer

Oddometer:

The new bike is not for myself but for my wife................ who happens to be from the Pamir:-)

I will update the ending when i have more time
  18. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations, Mr. Tea! Excellent work! With your fine work we can perhaps consider the story finished! Edited to say that while I was typing the OP himself commented! He promises to finish the story himself, and I hope he does, and that the earlier parts return. But even if they don't, it will be nice to have him conclude the story here.
  19. Don T

Don T Bike Addict

Oddometer:
    Hi Wesley - I'm glad to discover that you are still enjoying life.

I'm curious about why you have deleted all your posts in this wonderful thread.
    The only explanation I can come up with is, that you plan to publish a book about the ride..?
    If you decide to share the reason with us I'm all :ear
    ticker64 likes this.