1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking payment when selling bikes at a distance

Discussion in 'Canada' started by cmattina, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I did something similar a few years ago when I bought a bike from a seller in Florida I'm in Canada and the bike was being exported. We agreed on a price and I wired the seller half the money and asked him to keep the title and the keys, I did this so he had some leverage over me if I didn't pay as the bike cannot be exported without the original title, I arranged shipping and when the bike was in the shippers possession I wired the other half of the money and the seller Fedex'd me the keys and title. I had good communication with the seller we were both comfortable with the risk as there was trust required on both sides of the transaction I'm still in touch with the seller to this day.
    Sparkle_Tooth likes this.
  2. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    The E-transfer process here in Canada works well but it has a daily limit of $3000, and a weekly max of $10,000.
    gpfan likes this.
  3. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can have that changed by your bank
    gpfan likes this.
  4. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    I’ve never asked them to be honest.
  5. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, had to do it this summer to buy a truck. For some reason covid is a reason for banks to limit cash withdrawal amounts......
    gpfan and rob1313 like this.