"Tale of Beers" Adventure rally

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by BigDogAdventures, Mar 22, 2006.

1. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Castor River" Adventure Rally"

It is official !!!! Missouri--Last weekend in April 2006

[​IMG]

The first annual "Castor River" sickle rally is on the last weekend in April. Yep----heard it on the net---you didn't hear it from me. This event is not affiliated with anybody or anything.

There is no promoter--nobody's putting it on---there won't be a marching band---no rock and roll band--no vendors--No T-shirts---no pins---no patches----no insurance---no fee's (except camping), no big steak, no dancing girls (or boys)--well maybe a few. !! There will be coffee, sodas, snacks, at the campground. And they have poopey toilets and showers.

Just nice quiet camping along the beautiful Castor River with your sickle buddies at the campfire.

Hell---when you get there the campground might be 3 ft. under water------you take your chances--it's done it before.

12 miles West of Marble Hill Missouri turn South down "Y" just before the Castor river ---go about 1/2 mile----campground on your right.

I just called the campground owner and talked to her personally----she's had some calls-----and people are coming from all around it seems--and she is fine with that. Several locals around me will be there. One who's name I won't mention in public--his initials are Geoff Smith--says he'll come if it don’t rain.

Tire kicking--sitting in your rally chair---fire watching---smiling----lying--and farting encouraged by all. Hot topics will be slimey green slick creek crossings, deep river crossings, Doooo--rags, Doohickeys, Dowackeys, knobby tires, Harley Davidsons, etc. etc. etc.

Restaurants and gas in Marble Hill---------lodging-------your tent--or tarp.

Want somebody to complain to ?? Bring a mirror !!!!!
  2. TooTall

TooTall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is on the calendar, been a long winter only riding the twisties on the wee strom, time to get the klr ready for some ridin.
  3. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm... I've been grounded lately. DWTTAI :bluduh I'm gonna see if I can't get that weekend off. Put me down as a definite maybe.
  4. Grafspeed

Grafspeed Is one bike ever enough?

Oddometer:
    YEAH!
    Southeast Missouri in the spring You gotta love the Dogwood blooming, but hate the Sycamore pollen - bring your "Visine". John's having an open house at Grassroots - I'll bet there will be BBQ.
    I plan to be there on Friday evening at the latest maybe Thursday. Could the tram road be a possibility?
  5. TooTall

TooTall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jay, I'll cast a vote for the tram road.
  6. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    I'ts unanimous------the "Tram Road" it is. I heard it's a little tough----is that my 950 :huh Whoa-----guess it is----if my foot hadn't been broke I'd a wheelied over it.

[​IMG]
  7. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Grassroots BMW Open House​

John Simmons (lowly underpaid part time mechanic) has asked me to tell you all that Grassroots BMW of Cape Girardeau, Missouri is having their "Open House" and John is providing free Barbecue this same weekend. If you haven't been to Grassroots BMW----please stop by--this is an "Old School" motorcycle shop--the way it used to be---a good place to buy a bike and have it serviced-------if the mechanic isn't in Mexico.

And while there--be sure and get a new supply of
    Monkey Butt Powder

[​IMG]

Supplies are limited and are on a first come first serve basis.

People who know John know what a great cook he is---we'll have to work this into the riding somehow. This isn't too far from the campground. I'm hopin' John will find time to show up at the campfire Saturday night.
  8. Deerhntr

Deerhntr nO nOOB

Oddometer:
    I might try to make this myself if I have a ride to do it on by then. Yea I'll have it by then. I wouldn't mind meetin you guys from Mt. Vernon. I'm 8 miles west just off HWY 15.
  9. Grafspeed

Oddometer:
    I think I'll order a new rear TKC-80 at the shop tomorrow nothing like hitting the twistys and gravel with fresh rubber.
    Chadd's got a new set of wheels coming for his 950.
    I talked to Monty a few days ago and he's interested, but that was before all the new interest. Hey Mark if you see him before I do let him in on the plans.
    The "Trail of Tears" Rally was the 1st BMW rally I ever attended, many years ago when I was riding an 82 R100 and rain or shine (mostly rain) it has always been one of my favorites. Even after they straightened out that sweat piece of road desending into the Castor River valley.
    Believe it or not I even remember a Poker Run at the Rally once.
  10. -Slider-

-Slider- Now featuring titanium accents!

Oddometer:
    Will there be any steak, beer or dancing girls?

:hide

Hey Mark :wave

we'll try to make it, (have to talk to the (by then) wife :D
  11. Chadd

Chadd I live in the wrong place

Oddometer:
    Don't forget to holler and Randy...

12. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marked it on the calander, hope I can make it. Sounds like a great time.
  13. honz

honz gatewaybmw.com

Oddometer:
    Beer, campfire, mud, rain, bikes, I'm in!
    Honz
  14. CarbonCat

CarbonCat Long timer

Oddometer:
    i suppose to have a guest, so it's either both of us show up, or just me.

i already passed that info to other 2 FF's, so they might come down too:D
  15. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    hmmmm??
  16. Grafspeed

Oddometer:
    Joe,

You need to show up we haven't seen you in awhile - been too long!
    If you've never been on the tram road it, I think you'll enjoy.
    What you ridin' these days? A KLR, a DR, a KLR, or what - maybe its time
    for another DR.
  17. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Hey, Mark, I got all excited by this until I realized its the same weekend as Engle's open house, and the SO and I have committed to serving the bratts.
  18. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    I have one of each, but I reckon the big DR will be the bike of choice:deal

You still ridin the F650, or have you picked up a small mount:ear

Hope I can make it:nod
  19. bcutter

bcutter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damit:(: , this is the same weekend a bunch of us are doing the Spring TAT,(or if it raining,it's doing us). You guys have a ball.:1drink

Bcutter
  20. jsimmons

jsimmons Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been told there are over 700 miles of gravel roads in Bollinger county whre the campground is located. And many more miles in the other counties close by. I had to turn down guiding two back to back tours in Mexico so I could stay here and BBQ. Dang, committed too soon. A trip to Mazatlan and a Copper Canyon expidition. Maybe I can sneak out Saturday night after work and at least get a nights camping in and maybe a cold barley pop or two.