"Tale of Beers" Adventure rally

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by BigDogAdventures, Mar 22, 2006.

1. CarbonCat

CarbonCat Long timer

Oddometer:
    my bike is dead:cry

yesterday it was towed to GrassRoots BMW. I hope they repare it fast. it's either communication antenna or the computer itself. i think it's antenna. a really rare problem, but it happened to me :baldy

I hope guys down there gonna fix it fast so i will have something for the rally.
  2. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you can rest assured your bike will be ready---unless this guy is working on it. :rofl

[​IMG]
  3. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if we need to carry our own food? Or will there be any type of organized dinner? Also will this camp site have a barbeque pit???:clap
  4. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    The nearest place to get real food is in the town of Marble Hill which is 12 miles to the East. The campground only has a few snacks, coffee and soda's. I just don't remember if she has sandwich's or not. Maybe someone else can remember. There is no organized food--in fact there is nothing organized at all.

There is no barbecue pit------but plenty places for a campfire.

I'll pretty much try to get a belly full before I get there----then get more food while out riding-------but I always carry with me enough snacks and liquids that I never have to abandon good riding to go find a restaurant. But--that's just the way I do it.
  5. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun, yet can't make it -- post the route so others can enjoy the ride in the future...
  6. CarbonCat

CarbonCat Long timer

Oddometer:
    :dunno
    i guess for post #666 you could do something more :grim evil

:lol3
  7. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'm still in as a definite possible attendee. So far so good...
  8. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul and Old School ADV

Oddometer:
    I'm coming..... :clap but I didn't save any GPS data from last year's ride :cry

I have a near-new tarp, but the same ol' stanky sleepin' bag. Same gear, too :uhoh Hopefully the wind will be blowing... :lol3
  9. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Alright Buzzez-----Hope we get to see some more "Crazy Creek Crossing" out of you !!! Like this one last year.

[​IMG]

GasPipe-----yeh everybody better hope the wind is blowing, as there is always a lot of "gas" around "BigDogs" campfire.
    [​IMG]

Here's a few "Memories from Last year-----hope it doesn't scare everybody off :D

[​IMG]

Here's GasPipe----who changes is Avatar more often than his underwear:rofl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Mornin BD! :wave Aaaaah, What is it they say about experience? Well, lets just say I'm not the 'Crazy Creek Crosser' I use to be. Well not with the GS anyway.:D
  11. TooTall

TooTall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    is it time for this ride yet, I'm so ready for some fun with all you guys.

Hey Kevin S., that is cool :thumb you've given your old KLR to your son. I made a deal :deal on an 05 KLR yesturday so my son can start riding with me this year. Told him he wouldn't be able to go on this trip, as we probably won't have all the Happy Trail parts yet. :waysad

Mark, guess I won't stake my tent down in case the wind shifts ans a quick relocation is required. :ear
  12. Deerhntr

Deerhntr nO nOOB

Oddometer:
    I won't be able to make it to the rally:baldy I've been under the weather lately :puke1 so no can do. Hope to meet some of you all befor to long. Well have fun and drink a cold one for me.
  13. CarbonCat

CarbonCat Long timer

Oddometer:
    my bike suppouse to be fixed by friday:evil
    I guess i'm so IN!:deal
  14. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    It's not looking very good for me now. :bluduh I may not make it out till Saturday afternoon, if at all. This could all change though.
  15. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Holy cow! :huh I just realized this thing isn't this weekend. :doh I've been thinking all week it was. :norton I may be able to make it after all. :ricky

BTW

My back hasn't gotten any better since last year guys so you all may have to break down my camp again while I try to stand up. :lol3
  16. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Hope to see your smiling face Buzzez.

Lookey here !!! Now that's a happy guy----it's pouring cats and dogs and he's still smiling.

[​IMG]
  17. CarbonCat

CarbonCat Long timer

Oddometer:
    "seeing is believing...:deal "

:ken
  18. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Man, you guys have no idea how bummed I was all week knowing that this weekend looked bad for me:knary. What a relief! :wings Work Sucks! :boid
  19. SScratch

SScratch Somewhat Tolerable

Oddometer:
    The Dakar carked it so I'll be on the DRZ for sure. I've got the stock seat on it so I'll need someone to rub ointment on my ass when I get there. I'll have Ru-Glyde and ATF, we'll rub one on one cheek, one on the other and a mixture on the divider and see which works best.

So what's the name of this place and where the hell is it anyway? I know it's in MO so don't talk to me like I'm shtupit, but what way is that from TN? I ain't got no GPS so tell me in mapspeak cuz I think I do have one of those. I think it's a Abalama map though so I'll need directions from there. DAMN! Exploding seed just burned a hole in my crothc.
  20. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Yee-hah