Tallinn to Anywhere on a KTM 450

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by memento13, May 25, 2019.

1. memento13

memento13 Travelling in Africa

Oddometer:
    My Carnet de Passage expires this week, so ordered new one, but a bit behind the schedule with the process. Hopefully SA customs won't hit me with the import bill, they have been quite nice to communicate with, so finger crossed. As I had to spend money on this, it's another nudge towards continuing the trip, Carnet no use in Estonia :)
  2. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    I just read in the news that SA will relieve some of the restrictions per 1 June. Apparently one is that buying alcohol will be allowed again.
    One more week mate…:beer
  3. memento13

Oddometer:
    :beer

Actually had beer and gin cocktails from with my host yesterday, so not totally out dry. But it will be welcomed to be able to buy beer again.

Sadly they did not allow tourism side of the economy, so no camping sites nor travelling, but thinking of starting to ride again once i get my Carnet papers sorted next week.
    DunkingBird and squadraquota like this.
  4. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    Would be great if the carnet and other formal stuff will work out and you can ride again. Even if only day trips, always better than being locked down.
    memento13 likes this.
  5. memento13

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, getting back closer to Drakensberg where I can start doing day trips until we get to level 2. Afaik there is no real lockdown outside of big cities.
  6. memento13

Oddometer:
    Bought gopro 8 in February when I went home. That picture quality is in other level, can't look my session 5 videos anymore.

I'm quite lazy in flying the drone, so been thinking of getting rid of the Mavic Air, but after the mood I got when I though I lost my drone shots from Van Zyls pass in Namibia, I think I'll continue to have it. Searched like 3 hours for these in cloud, memory cards, ssds, finally found it in drone inner memory :D
    DunkingBird likes this.
  7. memento13

Oddometer:
    After 2 months not touching the bike, had no problem starting it, came to life with small push of starter button, but seems like both kill and ignition key switches have stopped working. Former was broken actually before and latter giving some problems also, so time to check wiring again and see if I can get these replaced. Had to kill the bike by dropping the clutch.