Tampa Bay area street rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DBM, Aug 4, 2018.

1. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the maps Motodutch. I ride every Sunday. I would love to follow you through these loops. Lets do it asap
  2. motodutch

motodutch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be out of town for a few weeks. I will give you all a post when I get back.
  3. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Another amazing day on the twisties around the green swamp. Had a blast with my new friend Mitch. The food at Poncho Villas was outstanding. Lets do it again asap.
    Dogfarm likes this.
  4. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Making plans for this Sunday. Who's in?
  5. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thank you. I will check it out. This Sunday l am planning to do the 41 south pizza loop with a new back road section to connect the lunch stop with the Gecko tail.
  6. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Meeting at the 7-11 store Apollo Beach Blvd and Hwy 41 9am. Headed south for some twisties and NY pizza. Doing the Tail of the Gecko on the way back after lunch. Come join the fun everybody.
  7. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    I think I got my VStar back under its own power. Thursday I tried a new belt and did a 30 miler around the New Tampa area (interstates and side roads). Nothing sounded weird and nothing got hot. Today I'm meeting my dad for lunch down off exit 170 in Punta Gorda with some of his Legion buddies. That'll be the acid test for my repairs. Once I'm back to confident in the bike I'll join you on some rides.
  8. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Today was awesome. Great weather and a nice breeze blowing at each rest stop. I figured out a new back road section after lunch to connect to the Gecko Tail with less slab. Let's do it again next Sunday.
  9. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Planning to do the Green Swamp loop this Sunday, and explore some of Motodutch's side loops for extra fun. Who's in?
  10. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Meeting tomorrow 9am at the 7-11 on the corner of Hwy 41 and Apollo Beach Blvd. Doing the DBM 41 south pizza loop. We will hit the Tail of the Gecko after lunch. Come one come all for some twisty fun.
    Mike 813 317 1124
  11. Hinch55

Hinch55 Noobamatic

Oddometer:
    I'm following this thread -- I want to invite myself to one of your Sunday rides.
    mandatedmotorvation likes this.
  12. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    The whole purpose of this thread is to get local riders together for rides. I ride every Sunday, sometimes Saturday too if my wife will let me. (Saturday is my honey do day). Let's get together asap. Call me. Mike 317 1124
  13. Elle2Konsai

Elle2Konsai Squid

Oddometer:
    Just saw this after a few centuries away from the site and had to rub my eyes to make sure I'm not still asleep.

How big are the rides? What kind of pace do you run? Are you wearing out knee pucks or smelling the roses?
  14. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    The short loops headed south down 41 are 4 hours. The northern loops around the green swamp are 6-8 hours. We like to have a lunch destination mid loop. I like to stop for a short break every 30 minutes or so to rest my 60 year old legs. I am a ex motocrosser with 50,000 street miles under my belt. We ride to have fun at a medium pace. No sparks (yet). Come join us.
    Hinch55 likes this.
  15. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Anybody wanna chase me around this Sunday?
  16. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I’m working moto in a bike race on the weekend of the 20th up in San Antonio. One of my favorite areas to ride.....hopefully one of these weekends I can come join you guys.

Especially now that the incessant heat is easing off.

In case anyone is interested.
    http://www.topviewsports.com/flyers/staterr18.pdf
  17. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    We are meeting this Sunday 11am at the corner of 640 and 37 in the Bartow area. Gonna ride some mine roads that are a lot of fun. Lunch at Beef's. Who's in?
  18. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    In!
  19. Hinch55

Hinch55 Noobamatic

Oddometer:
    I plan on making this. I think I fobbed all my Sunday chores off onto my son.
  20. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    Nice ride today, DBM. Beautiful day, 4 riders, some twisties and sweepers and a nice pace. Looking forward to the next ride.
    Hinch55 likes this.