Tampa/Brandon Traffic

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by ydarg, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Be carful out there. Guy on his phone not paying attention crashed into my 76 year old mother today as she waited to turn left. He told HCSO that he was looking at the radio.

She’s okay. The Escape didn’t fare as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dan Diego likes this.
  2. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve gotta say, the traffic between Sarasota and Tampa—especially on the I-75–is some of the absolute worst I’ve seen.

And it’s not just the Canadian blue hairs—lots of younger idiots are out on the roads, too.

Glad your mom is OK.
    ydarg likes this.
  3. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

Glad your mom is fine. The car did is job. Traffic is a nightmare in and around the big cities everywhere...
    ydarg likes this.
  4. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Born and raised in Tampa. Living in Brandon for the last 20 years. The distracted and or aggressive drivers are increasing in numbers daily. I drive several hundred miles a week for my job, and just cant believe the stupidity l see every day. Cops are more worried about writing speeding tickets on side streets than busting idiots on the majors because the flashing lights causes rubber necking and more front end crashes. Tailgating seems to be the root cause of most accidents.
    ydarg likes this.
  5. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I grew up there and agree, the aggressive driving in Brandon is out of control. To put it in perspective, I live in South Tampa now and think the traffic, while heavy, is tame out here in comparison.

This happened on Bell Shoals Rd. just north of the Alafia river in case you're familiar with the area.
  6. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    Glad your mom is OK. Remember when we thought Crumple Zones were just a bunch of hooey by car makers? Seems maybe they might have known something after all. On Ulmerton Rd FD had to cut a lady out of a car this morning after being T-boned by a driver that said he "might have run a yellow light" and he was "only doing 45 MPH" (I call BS on both). She reported no pain and didn't even want to go to the hospital but they took her for precautions. 30 years ago she might not have made it.

Took my son to Orlando for school and the drivers over there are WAAAYYY worse than here.
  7. DBM

DBM Let's Just Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Today l was delayed 2 different times by 2 different crashes on the Selmon. It took me 45 minutes to go from Brandon to 50th this morning on my regular commute that normally takes 15 minutes. Turns out some idiot lost his front wheel then locked up his brakes while 3 cars plowed into him from behind. Then an hour later l was delayed again headed to south Tampa from my shop by another front end crash due to following too close and being distracted. Welcome to today's big city commute. One mistake by one distracted driver causes much grief for thousands of others. Fwaaakkkk!!!!
  8. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    I commute to the Tampa/St Pete area several times a week. It can take me anywhere from 1-2 hours each way to get there every time I go. It all depends on what dumbass decides to crash or break down along the way. :baldy

I-4/I-275 traffic sucks!
  9. Dogfarm

Dogfarm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Driver less cars are the answer. It will happen sooner than people think.
  10. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass Supporter

Oddometer:
    We're 20 years away from the roads being primarily filled with those, maybe more in the poorer areas.
  11. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    There will still be an idiot behind the wheel who does something brainless and causes a crash.